Clear all

need help in guitar pro4

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

hey im trying to fix up a rhythm track and while doing that I accidentaly made an extra measure, how do I delete the circled measure, there is nothing in it.

Also, a couple of measures before that, there is a power chord and it continues to ring throughout the 5/4 section, how would I stop that also?

Many thanks to whoever can help me

This is a screenshot of the problem measure in GP 4

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I deleted the other post on this question. I hope I was right -- that this is indeed a reposting of the question you posted yesterday. The tab looked the same.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

yea, i wrote the wrong thing in the subject and in the thread, and I thought thats why no one was helping me

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

anyone?

im pretty sure the answer to both my questons is very simple

do many people here ven use guitarpro ?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Try right click, cut, make sure you choose which bar to cut in the pop-up. I still find it a little confusing.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

do many people here ven use guitarpro ?

I think alot of people use it, but I bet there's alot fewer that use is in the manner you are referring to

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

you are a genius primeta! give me your address and ill send you all my guitars as a thank you :lol:

ill throw in a wah to whoever can solve my second problem

ReplyQuote
(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

I'd love to help you. I use GP quite a bit for exactly the type of stuff you are using it for. However, I can no longer get to the image :)

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I use Sonar 4 and if I want something to stop ringing out, at the end of the highlighted track, with your mouse click the end and drag it to where you want it.

Hope that helped.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The notes might have the 'let ring' property. Select the note and check the effects tab.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I will try that out arjen, thanks

axe slasher, here is a new link to the problem, hope you can add something too

ReplyQuote
(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

You have three notes of the power chord tied to quarter notes in measures 87 to 90. Look at the tie vertices in each of the measures 89 through 90. In the standard notation, there are quarter notes there (D-A-D).

Starting with measure 90 and working backward, highlight each of those quarter notes and press your "Delete" key. This will delete the ties on that note. You'll delete 12 notes altogether - D-A-D in 90, 89, 88, and 87.

Once the ties are gone, the chord won't ring anymore. A tie in standard notation tells the note to continue to ring through the duration of the tie. In this case, the tie goes on for 4 measures.

If you have a problem fixing it, please feel free to send me your .gp4 file and I will correct it for you.

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote