Clear all

Annoying Habit

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Lately I've noticed when playing scales or warming up on single notes, that I was hearing some background hum. At first I wasn't sure what it was, but have finally figured out that it is coming from my fingers as I lift them off the previously played string. It appears I'm not lifting my fingers directly up when moving to the next string, but pulling accross the string before my finger is high enough to not pluck the string just a little. It's just enough to keep the sound sustained in the back ground and annoying. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Yeah I notice that alot. I figured out that I was pressing to hard on the strings, so I run through the warm ups again and try not to fret the notes, this usually helps me 'loosen' up. :)

BTW, I got between accoustic and electric alot and I catch myself playing way to hard on my electric most times. It usually take me a while to get that touch thing going.

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

all the time sadler, that and i hear a kinda hammer on sound between notes, it drives me nuts, but the only thing to do is practice, practice. 8)

ReplyQuote