need some advice on guitar protection

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi all

after another gas attack - I bought this silent guitar. it's not yamaha's.
there aren't any phones or fancy things. only a pre-amp.
I want to get this guitar a good case, preferably a hard case. which kind of case should I get ?
it is a classic guitar, but the horns at the sides make it wider then regular classic one. do it won't feat a classic guitar hard case. also it's very thin - compared to an acoustic guitar. but it's also twice thick then a regular electric guitar - like a strat.
any advice is welcome

I paid - 150$ for it which is way cheaper then the yamaha. the brand is unknown - rpobably chinees. it's written - markley on the headstock. I attach it to an acoustic multi-effect and then it's to phones or to an amp.

(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member

Hey,

cool looking guitar...how's it sound?

I bet you'll have to take in to a guitar shop to get a case that fits well.

SDM

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Cool guitar,

Have you tried the case from an ES-335 type guitar? Epiphone has a few that are reasonable, I'm not sure on the dimensions of yours, but I bet it will work.

Either that or a dreadnought case.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

try one of these against your measurements, they have 20mm foam padding and may be able to contort a bit to fit your shape

The Gator G-Slinger-Dread Gig Bag is a heavy-duty padded dreadnought guitar bag constructed of rugged 600-Denier nylon and 20mm foam padding. The Gator G-Slinger features a waist strap for added support, #10 zippers and a deluxe padded shoulder strap.

Holds a dreadnought guitar

Gator G-Slinger-Dread Padded Dread Slinger Gig Bag Features:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gator-GSlingerDread-Padded-Dreadnought-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=546177

Heavy-duty padded gig bag
Rugged 600-Denier nylon construction
20mm foam padding
Waist strap for added support
#10 Zippers
Deluxe padded shoulder strap

Gator G-Slinger-Dread Padded Dread Slinger Gig Bag Specifications:

Body Length: 22"
Body Height: 4"
Lower Bout: 15.5"
Middle Bout: 12.5"
Upper Bout: 12.75"
Overall Length: 42.5"

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@itziks)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

sound is very good - you can always tweak it with the multi-effect.
but it is massive built, action can be lowered to flamenco standart and it has no feedback at all, nothing.
I can play it while seating in front of my amp - adjusting its settings and there is no feedback.

Well I finally went for the heavy padded bag. The hard cases seemed too heavy and I'd like to keep the package light as the guitar is light.

thanks all.

ReplyQuote
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Good choice never keen on gig bags till my Godin came in one, now I'm a fan. Hard cases are great but my Strat one weighs more than the guitar.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

ReplyQuote