Clear all

New acoustic.

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. I Just recently got a new Job and I make about 200 bucks a week. (teen) Yea anyways, I went to a new guitar shop this past saturday and shredded on the ol' jackson on there amp and bought 2 packs of strings, some cleaner and looked at some pedals. I picked up this one acoustic guitar when i was there and omg it was amazing. I checked the price tag and it was only like 180 bucks. I looked around some more and found a ibanez 12-string that was just absolutly beautiful sounding for 200. Then there was another one there for like 165 that was really really nice feel. man is it ever true that in buying guitars the best way is to try them out first. Price sure isnt everything. I am totally used to this 8 year old "sears style" Harmony guitar that is in ok condition but the frets and neck are horrible. I picked up that brand new Ibanez and a couple other washburns and whatnot and they are sweeeeeeeeeeeet. And for only 160-230 is awesome. They are really really nice. I am definatly thinking about picking up a new acoustic from there this upcoming sat. Please just fill in with your 2 cents. Thxs. M-Man. :D Ps... I Mainly posted this because i am amazed that some of those ibanez and washburn acoustics for 180-200 bucks have the feel of a jackson, charvel, Strat, and for that low of a price. SWEET.

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@itziks)
Estimable Member

price is not everything with guitars -
I bought last week an acoustic parlor at the flea market for 30$ includign gig-bag. She has such a nice sound, very light and easy to carry around. I've added a sound-hole pickup for 20$ .
now I have a beater sweet sounding acoustic-electric cutaway parlor guitar for 50$ total.

So my advice go checkout flea markets, shop around, enjoy.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

While it is still true that more expansive guitars are usually of higher quality IMHO modern manufacturing methods have come far enough to make excellently playable guitars for hardly any money. My solidtop Ibanez was E150,- and I still dig it everyday. Don't forget to check out some Deans: http://www.deanguitars.com/exotica_dao.htm . They even have an accoustic in a flying V shape. :D

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I have an Ibanez model close to, if not the exact, one you were looking at. I love it. Plays great, has a really good sound. I'm very happy with it.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

I got an Ibanez electric acoustic and its awesome! A bit more expensive than the ones your looking at but if mines anything to go by they should all be pretty good.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

That's how I ended up with my 2nd acoustic, i was like you, in the stroe not even in the market to buy a new guitar until i played this one acoustic. it was an Indiana guitar, not a name brand but let me tell you, I've played some taylors that didn't sound as good as this one guitar did so i ended up buying it. I can't explain it other than it had the tone I was seeking.....So I got it. Heyis that how people end up with so many guitars?? lol, I had 5 at one time but weeded 2 out. I don't need 15 guitars collecting dust I have plenty of other things to do that for me, LOL.
Nice guitar by the way, how she play?

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

I totally love my Takamine Jasmine. It was only $150 but it's my first guitar and I love the rock & roll sound to it. I think it sounds great and I have a friend who bought Takamine's more expensive guitar and he thought mine sounded better :D

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote