17 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well you guys are absolutely a terrible influence on me. Thank you. :lol:

I had to get another. Only I tried the honey amber this time since I have a red PRS.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice! 8) You can never have too many, right? :twisted: Enjoy! :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Tres nice !

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! I like the PRS gee-tars way very much. 8)

btw, Which model is this one?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Holy smoke-em!!! Can you say purr-ty? 8) Mmmmm.....

She's even hotter than Kyle Bush's girlfriend in the Nationwide Series. :shock:

Call 911 already, local Fire Department to put out those bright orange flames! :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Maybe I threw some confusion out there with the reference to PRS.

My first ever "good" guitar was a Schecter C-1+. I sold it on here a few years ago. It was the flamed red top.

This is the same guitar only a couple years newer and it is the Honey Amber color.

I always liked my other Schecter so when this deal came along I had to jump on it.

It's only 399.00 now.

So this is the Honey Amber Schecter C-1+ to replace the red one sold a couple years ago.

Sorry for any confusion.

Bish

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well that changes everything!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Well, congrats anyhow. Now I must go and do a google search on some race car driver's wife thanks to something a little birdie said. :lol: (I assume it's a racer....I guess I'll find that out too.)

Edit: Better keep that one away from good golfers. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Well, congrats anyhow. Now I must go and do a google search on some race car driver's wife thanks to something a little birdie said. :lol: (I assume it's a racer....I guess I'll find that out too.)

Edit: Better keep that one away from good golfers. :)

A good laugh there at the end, Roy, as Tiger's wife packs up her fine art today.

A little help here on Erica Dewey, who has her own name too, but who'd remember? :lol:

http://images.google.com/images?q=kyle+busch+girlfriend&rlz=1I7DACA_en-GB&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=LIAqS57-DZW-NvLytI8J&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB4QsAQwAw

Okay anyway, back to guitars, so the new baby is Schecter and that explains the trademark string through body thing. 8)

P.S. Did I at least spell SCHecter right, 'cuz I can never get the spelling of Kyle Busch, or the beer, but I got America's former president(s) shhpelling down pat. :roll:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Well you guys are absolutely a terrible influence on me. Thank you. :lol:

Bish, me amigo, I need to send you some pics of my girl playing drums. She's in a band already at the school where she's taking lessons! 8) Thank you, again, for the drum kit advice.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Very nice indeed Bish!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey, Slej, good to hear man. Post some pix on the other forum if you can.

I'm glad to help...

TR, thanks man. It's a great guitar to play.

Bish

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

A funny thing happened on the way to the forums.

What I found with this Schecter is that it really wasn't the color I wanted or had seen on line.

I called MF to inquire about getting it replaced with the Sunburst color I thought I was originally getting.

After a half hour with the customer service rep and realizing I'm not going to get the finish I really wanted I had two options. Return the guitar and take the red one like I had a few years ago or I could get another discount. I thought, why not? How much is the discount. He rattled off taking another $135 off the price if I just keep it. Hmmm, that now takes a $600 guitar down to $265. So I've opted to keep it.

Now I want to replace the pups but in this situation, I'm totally ignorant. I should probably start a new thread on pup selection but if anyone knows a good set of pick ups that will make this guitar "hotter" please make some suggestions. I don't know if the coil tap needs to be taken into consideration but that also exists on this guitar.

Thanks for any opinions of a good set of compatible pups.

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

After a half hour with the customer service rep and realizing I'm not going to get the finish I really wanted I had two options. Return the guitar and take the red one like I had a few years ago or I could get another discount. I thought, why not? How much is the discount. He rattled off taking another $135 off the price if I just keep it. Hmmm, that now takes a $600 guitar down to $265. So I've opted to keep it.
Now you're thinking like I do! I bought a new Harley in a color I didn't like back in 1985, because I could get it for a whole lot less at the end of the model year than getting a new one of the next year's model a few weeks later in the color I wanted. (It grew on me, though.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I bought a new Harley in a color I didn't like back in 1985, because I could get it for a whole lot less at the end of the model year than getting a new one of the next year's model a few weeks later in the color I wanted. (It grew on me, though.)

Do you still have it?

Bish

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2