Clear all

New Amp for Me !

43 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

My wife says my 2 WATT Roland Micro Cube is too loud. :shock: :!: :? :lol:

If I got your 30 watt amp...she would divorce me. Maybe I should by a 60 watt. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Dennis

May I suggest a couple of Marshall stacks set up in her lawyers office.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

aaaaaaah.... yes i know that feeling whenever i walk past a guitar shop.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

" sorry to sound ignorant but what does GAS stand for..."

$10.00 words = Gear Acquistion Syndrome

Laymen guitar player words = Getting A-lot-a Stuff

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I hear so many people raving over these amps, it makes me want one real bad!

Enjoy! 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I've got a 15 watter, it's a great amp but I'll probably upgrade to the 30 or 50 watt.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

I AM SO GETTING ONE OF THESE WITH MY NEW LP COPY!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@mordeth)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

well, i've had a decent chance to play the amp over the last 2 days, and im very very impressed. All the amp models sound really good...i cant compare them to the originals, but to me they sound very nice.
The effects are great, a little difficult to program some exactly, but not overly.

two things have come to my attention

1. its so much nicer to practice/play with a good tone :)
2. while looking for eq settings in old guitar magazines i ran across some songs which at the time i couldnt play, but now they seem relatively easy - how cool is that ? :)

This is my signature. Fear it.

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

well, i've had a decent chance to play the amp over the last 2 days..... i ran across some songs which at the time i couldnt play, but now they seem relatively easy - how cool is that ? :)

Exactly! And can you imagine how I felt when I got an electric ax /amp after playing ONLY an acoustic for the last 20 years?

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

This is a great amp. For tone it beats (IMHO) everything else in its price class. The only drawbacks I can see for the 30 watt model is that there is no line out. If you want / need that you have to move up the line to the 50W or 100W model. I also think the foot switch is priced too high. If you are not going to have an effects loop then the foot switch is almost mandatory.

just my 2 centavos.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I could have swore they used to have a really basic footswitch without the expression pedals that allowed you to channel switch and bypass effects...

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The footswitch is indeed outrageously expensive but pretty much required. There is a line-out, it is the headphone/line-ut at the back. It does not have a proper speaker simulation so you might want to get something to fix that up. (Behringer has some cheap stuff that should do wonders here)

Metaellihead: yes, that's the only one that works with the AD30. The floorboards are for the bigger kids in the AD family. The tiny footswitch runs around E50,- here, which is pathetic for such a simple device.

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Well, the way I use it is I select an amp model, leave it on that and use the guitar pickup selector/tone controls to get the tone I want. Occasionally I use the reverb or tremolo, so having that basic foot switch would be handy for me. Especially for turning effects on or off.

Those pedal boards cost as much as I spent on my 15 watter. :p

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, it's just way too silly. As a matter of fact I'd rather use the footswitch Behringer gives for free with most of their footswitchable-stuff over the E50 Vox one. Now idea why Vox decided to cut corners on the length of the cable when they charge so much for so little.

ReplyQuote
(@jester)
Trusted Member

I also got this amp recently--my first amp!--and while I'm thrilled with it, I find it hard to figure out. Is there any chart available of what each modeled amp refers to?

That is, I don't know what "Tweed 4X10" means. I don't know any of them. And the instruction book is very coy about it, clearly these modeled versions are modeled on specific amps by other manufacturers, but they don't want to tell you; instead they describe them obliquely. So I'd like something that says, "Black 2X12: this is modeled on the 1967 Hassenpfeffer Series 3; it produces a loud, ringing sound with slight midrange distortion. It's good for electric blues. Jimi Hendrix played this amp at the famous '68 London show, and Led Zeppelin recorded so-and-so with it...."

Does this exist anywhere, or am I doomed to random knob-twiddling?

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

dont knock twidling with nobs :wink:

i had the same problem when bought my roladn VGA 8... i just fiddled till i found a sound i liked.

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3