Notifications
Clear all

New Amp for Me !

43 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Kool man , but how do you make these banners :)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Don't have the manual here, but recently someone here mailed me the same question about the left models, so I think I remember those. Remember, just my guesses.

4x10 Fender Bassman
2x12 Fender blackface
AC15/30 Vox AC15/AC30 Top Boost
Clean boutique, Dumble Overdrive Special, clean channel.
Boutique drive, Dumble Overdrive Special, lead channel

I guess (don't have the descriptions here) that the UK70 is a Marshall Plexi 50W, and the UK80 is the Marshall JCM800. One of those described a snakeskinned Mesa Boogie rectifier (double? triple?). That's about what I guess based on what I remember. So take it with a pinch of salt.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the new amp! I have the same amp, and I like it very much. It was my first amp, so I don't have many comparison points.
That's all I need ....MORE than 10 watts.

My wife says my 2 WATT Roland Micro Cube is too loud. :shock: :!: :? :lol:

If I got your 30 watt amp...she would divorce me.

Dennis

The 30W amp has a little output level setting in the back, which allows you to tune down the wattage while still driving the power amp stages hard .. if you buy the amp, don't let her know about that knob, otherwise your plan won't work :-) :-)

The manual claims that you can vary the output from 0.2W to 30W or something like that. I usually play my amp at very low volumes because most of my practicing is done after everyone else goes to bed. You may find that the larger speaker and the different amp models still give you a lot to work with even if you play the amp at low volumes. You can also use the headphone jack.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Yeah, it's just way too silly. As a matter of fact I'd rather use the footswitch Behringer gives for free with most of their footswitchable-stuff over the E50 Vox one. Now idea why Vox decided to cut corners on the length of the cable when they charge so much for so little.

You don't mean that the behringer footswitches work with the Vox, do you?

The only two things I wish were different about the VOX are:
a) It came with the foot switch included
b) It had couple more programmable preset channels.

I been hesistant to spend the $30 or so for the footswitch. I recently got a used multi-effects pedal, so I've been leaving the VOX in one of the amp models all the time and using the pedal to get different sounds. However, the combination of the multi-effects pedal with the VOX models could be interesting. (Maybe it is time to buy that footswitch. I guess G.A.S is always at work, even if you cure big items like guitars :-) )

--vink

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

There is a line-out, it is the headphone/line-ut at the back. It does not have a proper speaker simulation so you might want to get something to fix that up. (Behringer has some cheap stuff that should do wonders here)

Arjen,

Do you mean "the amp does not have proper speaker simulation" or "the line-out does not have proper speaker simulation"?

And what Behringer stuff are you thinking about?

thanks.

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Vink: no, you need the real Vox switch, unfortunaly. An amp itself doesn't need speaker sims, since you most often use real speakers. However, you need *something* to compensate when you use headphones/line-out. You could get something like the Behringer Ultra-G, or even run it into a modeler and bypass all except the cabsims (POD, V-amp, something like that). Just some suggestions, and make sure you try them in store to see which one you like best.

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

An amp itself doesn't need speaker sims, since you most often use real speakers. However, you need *something* to compensate when you use headphones/line-out.

Got it, thanks!

I am not using the line out/headphone feature much, will cross that bridge later...

--vink

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

After this discussion, I decided it was time to go order the VFS2 footswitch. (Funny thing is, they are only sold with a Fish'n Chips Equalizer pedal and a multi-pedal power supply :-) :-) )

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

oh, do note, if you weren't aware of it, that footswitches don't need an adapter or battery to function.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

Mine came with the 2 button foot switch in the picture for free, as part of the promotional package.

And as Arjen says, it does have a line out socket too.

Great amp

Handy charts in the back of the manual for recording your settings. Worth photocopying and printing a few out. Nothing more annoying than finding the "perfect" setting to get just that sound you want, and then not remembering where all the darned knobs went next time you want the sound! :shock:

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

oh, do note, if you weren't aware of it, that footswitches don't need an adapter or battery to function.

Yes, I do know. The power supply is for the new Danelectro and existing Zoom effects pedals. Rather than buy a single one for the Danelectro, I bought a multi-pedal supply. That frees up my current power supply for my Fender mini-amp.

--vink

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Chris, is that drums (gasp!) that we spy in the background? :-)

--vink

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

LOL Vink - I was thinking the same thing.

Nice looking amp though.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3