Clear all

New Fat-Strat

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@youngrawker)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'm a begginer looking for a Fat Strat guitar (H/S/S) style...I want one that will do really well for me, but wont cost much (something under $250). I was looking at some squiers, I already have one but its not like its not a fat strat, and its not one of the better squiers.....and also if anyone would have any good suggestions that would be helpful... :wink:

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

You should check out a Squier '51 although they are only a single with a coil tapping humbucker. They run about $150 USD.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Have a look at the Yamaha PAC112J, it's pretty much a copy of the fender and Yamaha is usually fairly good.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
 seed
(@seed)
Eminent Member

Hey, I am playing a fat strat now. It sounds like you know what you want, but just to play D-advocate, Have you compared the Fat Strat to other guitars in your price range? i ask this cause, I kinda wish that I had. Just food for thought.

"What's the point of callin' shots;
This cue ain't straight in line.
Cue ball's made of styrofoam
And no one's got the time." (Garcia/Hunter)

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

There are some on eBay lately, listed as "Fender Starcaster." The auction that's now a little over a day away from closing is still under $50 including shipping, and they're offering a free Fender gig bag with purchase. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

You might like to try

http://www.rondomusic.net/pseg1sc.html

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote