Clear all

New Geetar

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Being in Babelsberg for 4 nights a week (until end of March), I'm spending a lot of time rattling around a hotel room. I thought about taking one of my guitars, but not on a plane, no way.
So I went out and bought one of these:
http://www.just-music.de/item/-justin-chicago-standard-0-0-0-8983.html
I only had a bit of time to play with it, but it seems to be fine, straight out of the box. It certainly has plenty of volume and sustain - I'll see what the pups have in them next week, when I take my Pandora up there.

I would have had more to play, but "Kyrill" left me stranded - and soaking wet - for 2 hours last night. I only get back, to the hotel, when I did, because I backed down and paid for a taxi, rather than wait for a bus that was, seemingly, never going to come.

Kyrill hit Berlin for about 10 minutes (other than a half hearted attempt overnight) - it was similar to trying to shower in a wind tunnel. Guess who chose that particular moment to exit the Berlin underground? By the time I discovered that I was at the wrong side of the road and had got back into the underground, I was sodden. By the time I'd got to the other exit, it was all over.

Oh, Babelsberg is a sort of suburb of Potsdam, which is a sort of suburb of Berlin (although you should never say that to a Potsdammer).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

(@barryo)
Eminent Member

That looks like a nice Tele copy for the money, about $90 US.

From what I read, Kyrill caused quite a few problems over there.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Looks pretty nice. Do you have a small amp along too?

(Is my memory failing me, or wasn't Babelsberg -- as well as Potsdam, obviously -- also an important area for the German film industry before the Nazis destroyed it?)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Wow, looks cool, espescially for that price. :D How's the intonation and action, do the tuners stay in tune well? By the way, anyone know if they ship to Holland, couldn't find much on their site about it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I'm going to take my Pandora PX4, to play through phones - much more hotel friendly :lol:

As for Babelsberg, it still is a major media centre - just down the road from our offices, there's the Babelsberg media city - TV, films, you name it.

I regularly eat in the local radio station's (RBB) canteen.

We are in the wing on the right of the picture

I'm on the lookout for a small multi-track tape recorder, so that I can record a few bits for the instrumental thread and for guess that riff (and maybe even a jam)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Nice GB.. Congrats

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wow - £45 - that's a bargain, Graham....

Could this be this weeks Squier 51?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote