Famed Member

Wow, Roy, that looks really nice.

Congrats!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Roy, that's incredible! I love it and am so happy for you. Of course, the color Orange is favored, right on & appropriate.

Such guitars are rare and worth a small fortune in Canada, up there with the Les Pauls and PRS's to give an idea, without naming price. 8)

Hey, I also like the Fender Blues Deluxe Re-issue 40W tube amp, and the Ibanez greeeeeen Tube Screamer, yeah, that's the way to do it, you got the Gretsch for next-to-nothing, and the kicks are free. :shock: :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Roy, that's incredible! I love it and am so happy for you. Of course, the color Orange is favored, right on & appropriate.

Absolutely.
Some guys have been known to search the world over for an orange Gretsch :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

That's quite a stash of guitars he collected. I also didn't know that the Gretsch factory burned down and the designs were lost forever.

Such guitars are rare and worth a small fortune in Canada, up there with the Les Pauls and PRS's to give an idea, without naming price. 8)

Hey, I also like the Fender Blues Deluxe Re-issue 40W tube amp, and the Ibanez greeeeeen Tube Screamer, yeah, that's the way to do it, you got the Gretsch for next-to-nothing, and the kicks are free. :shock: :lol:

I need to play the Gretsch more that I do so far. It's certainly a guitar that loves to have it's volume knobs about 90%. I can't handle the noise factor very well, but did use it to record the lead/fills parts of Dead Flowers. Going into the PC instead of the amp made that possible to do.

I enjoy the BDRI amp a lot. Some people say that you know you've found the amp when you first hear it. That was it for me. I have not mic'd it to record yet. I might have my son lug it in here for me sometime soon. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That is PRETTY. Congrats.. When I got my semi hollow I wasnt sure that its what I wanted.. but I love it.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I can see some biker blues coming out of that big guitar. Way to Go, man.

ReplyQuote
(@alien)
Estimable Member

I'm also kicking around the idea of either 5120, 5122 or Custom Riviera at some point down the road. How well does it stay in tune when you use the tremelo?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It does a fairly good job of staying in tune. They call it a vibrato system. When used for that, it's wonderful and does not go out of tune. If you give it a real big push or pull, it will go out. I've not used mine a whole lot, except to know that it works. I'll incorporate some into my playing at some point.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3