Clear all

New Guitar

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Went out Friday looking at guitars and an Ibanez Sz320 came home with me. I absolutely love this guitar, i had to share it with you guys, its so much different coming from a fender strat w/ single coils, then going to an Ibanez with humbuckers. I knew when he let me plug it in that i was not leaving w/o this guitar. I think i made a great choice

anyone know anything about the Sz's?

Lifes been Good To Me So Far

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Pictures..picturess we want Pictures.. :)

Congrats Man.. Enjoy that thing.
D-

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I love the way they feel and play. And by looking at the dudes in your sig, I don't think you can go wrong with this guitar. IMO, it is a good metal guitar. It probably won't be the last guitar equipped with humbuckers that you ever own.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That's a great guitar, it really is. Have fun with it!

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Ibanzez is known for their fast necks, and the few I have played have held that true. Enjoy the new gear!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

nice axe, congrats 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanx for the replies guys , as for pics i will try to get them up shortly, and i know for a fact that its definitley not the last guitar w/ humbuckers i will buy i will never go back to single coils, the only thing i wish this guitar had would be a locking trmolo system but i can live w/o it

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

i will never go back to single coils

That's what I said. And now, five humbucker guitars later, I'm looking for a strat. Don't kid yourself, you'll probably crave for every conceivable guitar eventually, like the rest of us. :)

ReplyQuote
(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

Pictures, we need pictures! :)

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Exactly as Arjen says, you will eventually find a use for the single coils. Even if it is just for one or two songs every 20 you play. Also, as he says, I crave for every conceivable guitar there is, H-H, H-H-H, S-S-H, H-S-H, S-S-S, P90-P90, P90-H, etc......

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@power-chord)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

are p-90 whar jazzmasters have? i cant say i have ever heard a jazzmaster how are p-90's what is there sound?

i wouldnt mind having an ibanez rg with humbucker single humbucker but i dont think i will want one with jus single coils , i might who knows

RANDY RHOADS 1956- 1982
DIME- 1966-2004

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, although it's hard to link a P90 to any guitar or genre. For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-90

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

contrats - but never say never.....

I have a Fender MIM strat and an Ibanez artist - and I love the variety of sounds. The 2 guitars are 180 degrees apart on look, sound, and feel - but that's a good thing.

When I first got the Ibanez, the strat sat on its little stand collecting dust, but now I play them about the same! Actually, I just left my Zep phase and am now in a big Chili Pepper stage.... :D

Post pics when you can

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

as posted in another thread, the Jazzmasters don't have P90s they have Fenders own, I believe P90s are specific to Gibson, but am waiting to be corrected.

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

P90 isnt specific to gibson, its just a model type i believe.

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote