Clear all

New Guitar

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Got a new guitar today unlike anything else I own.
I've been parting together a super strat recently - to make up for my complete lack of guitars without humbuckers and a change in my current role as a guiatr player but I came across a guitar today and had to have it.
I bought an 80's Charvel San Dimas in Slime green. 1 dimarzio (my first), 1 volume knob, like EVH's famous stripey charvel, simple and clean, top mount wonderbar trem (anybody want to buy a wonder bar?) 21 frets, 1/4 sawn rose wood neck. SLIME GREEN! boy is it going to look out of place with its siblings.
I recently found myself a little bored with the vintage thing and got thinking about how crazy and fun the guitars were in the 80's (with the obvious influence of powdery substances I do not endorse). For those of you who don't know, the San Dimas is basically a stratocaster in appearance. So, its kind of a compromise between flamboyant and familiarity to me, a vintage strat guy. The kahler is probably going to go in favour of a vintage or the a Non locking/ Non FT floyd I have a bid on, its a bit too eighties and huge. But I also have a vintage floyd sitting here too...hmmmm.
Are you ready to rock? I can't hear you!!!

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Found a pic! Looks cool :D - Wish I could get the electric I have been pining over :P In time I guess!

Have fun on your new guitar.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thats it! Except for 21 fret rosewood and only a single humbucker, but that's the exact color. Not too many of them either. Dwezil Zappa used to have one like mine but with two humbukers and that's the only other one I've actually seen. Had to have it. Overpaid, which I never do but the wife is calling it x-mass.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Very cool! Im not normaly into the more "modern" stuff... but LOVE the loud colors!!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

HNGD!!!

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

HNGD!!!
Had to google that one - and I think you very much... don't have it yet, but it has been played by a trusted party. So I know there wont be any surprises. But I've had my eye on the charvel's for a few weeks - since I wasn't able to get The Parker I wanted (notes, you're the Parker guy, right?) Anyone that hasn't played one - go find one and play it. I don't know about the new ones but the original ones, before fender, have THE best necks. 1/4 sawn, unfinished and a little platter than a standard c.
The best thing about them is there are a million of them out there and the original owner are turning into middle age men whose wives say "you are not putting that thing in my living room" when they see it. So you can find them for very little especially the Ft. Worth Taxes japanese ones. There isn't a model from this era that has cheap components so anything you find is high end quality. If you can get over the looks these are great guitars. Really you could throw a strat pick guard and a pair of single coils on one of these and you'd have a custom shop level strat for not alot of money. The rarest and most desirable models are right around signature strat prices - 1/10 what collectable max out at. I'm fairly certain this is my first of several to come.

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

The kahler is probably going to go [...] its a bit too eighties and huge
You can't call anything too eighties when buying a guitar in slime green... :mrgreen:

Sounds good, enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

^ very true!

ReplyQuote
(@askaguitarpro)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote