Clear all

new guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@drew_s)
Topic starter  

hey everyone!,
i am getting a new guitar this summer. i am currently using a fender strat with twin blade humbucker pickups. im running through a Marshall JCM DSL 401. i want a guitar with more of a metal tone since i have my strat for my clean. im really starting to get into more metal.... its just so fun to play (i dont know if im sounding like a poser when i say this but i hope not). but yeah, im starting to get into a lot of heavier music and im trying to get that tone. i know the guitarist from shadows fall uses a washburn face eraser. if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. could someone also show me a reliable site that sells a lot of washburn guitars?... thanks
i was also thinking of maybe a schecter but i dont know. :D

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey Drew,

You might want to check out Jackson guitars, they seem to be popular with alot of metal players.

I say that cuz I just bought one myself the other day. I haven't played it alot since I got it but so far I am happy with the guitar and the tones I am getting (I only have a real cheap practice amp)

Unfortunately I don't really play much metal at the moment and I'd like to start, that's one reason I bought this guitar.

Got any easy metal tab or suggestions for some metal to start with.

What kind of metal are you playing? I've got the tab for some Deftones stuff which I've messed around with before but I don't really consider that real heavy. I do have a Shadow's fall CD, maybe I should try and find some tabs for those songs to play along with.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@drew_s)
Topic starter  

well what i did was i listened a lot and then i started making my own stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The advice you will get here most often is go to a guitar store and try out various guitars and let your ears and hands be the judge.
I have a Schecter and love it but that doesn't mean it is the right guitar for you.

ReplyQuote