Clear all

New Guitar Day

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello, everyone. My name is Tony, I'm 31, I reside in Orange County, CA and I've only been playing for about a month now. I just wanted to formally introduce myself first. Although my skills aren't very deep, I'm learning everyday and having a great time in doing so. I've been reading this forum for a couple of days and I thought now would be a good time to join and begin posting.

Today(Friday) I bought a PRS SE Custom with a Cherry Sunburst finish. Here's a picture:

I don't have a digital camera, so the one pictured isn't mine, though mine looks exactly the same. Prior to this, I was playing a Fat Strat copy from Guitarimports.com. The quality just wasn't there for $200. Their acoustic/electrics are really nice, but the sole electric they offer isn't that great. Anway, I'm really digging my new rig! I also got a Line 6 Spider II 210 amp, which is great too. So that's my tale. I look forward to getting to know you folks. :D

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN where at in OC?
(i lived all over SoCal in the 80s)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN Tony.

Look forward to seeing you round the boards.

Nice axe. PRS make some nice looking instruments. How does it feel/play?

I may be treating myself to a new guitar in the new year and I'm currently researching different possibilities and making a shortlist of different models to try out. :D

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Tony.

Nice PRS you've got there.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Phew Tony, I thought the subject was "new guitar-a-day"

I'm only at one a week.

Welcome to GN

ReplyQuote
(@teegee420)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Welcome to GN where at in OC?
(i lived all over SoCal in the 80s)I've been living in Fullerton for about 16 years, though I've lived in Costa Mesa, and Placentia too.
PRS make some nice looking instruments. How does it feel/play?

I may be treating myself to a new guitar in the new year and I'm currently researching different possibilities and making a shortlist of different models to try out. :D
It plays and feels great. The dual Zebra's have a very nice sound. The neck is more substantial than a Strat's, but it feels good in my hand, which is medium sized at best. I definitely recommend that you at least try one at your local shop. I came close to getting the Santana SE but it was a little too light for my liking.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Congrats on the new guitar! And welcome to the board.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

teegee420~ i lived in CM for 7 years while working my apprenticeship at Nostalgic stained glass studio.
i loved that area back then, it was fun to check out the OC fleamarket/swap meet at the fairgrounds on the weekends.
i'm sure it's even more crowded now tho then it was then.
I'm a strat guy myself but those PRSs are very nice

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice guitar Tony, congrats! Welcome to GN. Hope you like it here. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hi Tony and Welcome to GN. Beautiful guitar.

Nick was not kidding about the guitar-per-week. :D

Stick around, we have lots of fun and even learn a little about guitar too.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote