Notifications
Clear all

Another new (used) Squier Strat

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@davidp)
Topic starter  

This is my first electric, an Indonesian-made Squier Standard Strat from around 2002. I was inspired by others on this forum to get a cheap electric so I could learn how to do basic setup, work on the electronics, etc. Oh yeah, and I've always wanted a Strat. :D

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thats pretty David. Have fun with er

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey, it's backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Looks sweet. Congrats.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Hey, it's backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, that's what I thought at first!

Very cool looking. I didn't know they made lefty guitars. Nice find; have fun!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Nice sunburst :D

Have fun playing and working on it. I've been thinking about giving the Bill Lawrence Keystones a go in mine.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Another example of the fact that 'lefties are more in this world than one might think and more lefty guitars need to be made at reasonable prices'

Very cool looking strat David.I love the 60s style headstock.Have fun and tell us how it plays. :)

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

My first electric was a Squier. They are very nice guitars. And, you gotta love the vintage headstock!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the new Squier. So what they don't cost much? They are excellent guitars.

Don't tear it apart just yet. You may come to love it just the way it is, I love mine.

Have fun.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@davidp)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the comments everyone.

So far I've just taken off the strings to give the guitar a good cleaning, polished the frets, and tightened the input jack. I'll string it back up and do a complete setup and spend some time getting to know the guitar before I make any changes.

While I had the strings off I took a peek under the pickguard and was suprised to see what appeared to be shielding paint covering the bottom of the entire pickup cavity. I didn't expect to see that in a Squier.

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Nothing wrong with a good shielding job first! Help reduce some of that noise!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote