Clear all

1960's Silvertone

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I went to one of my local music stores and i found the guitar of my dreams. It's a 1960s SILVERTONE/DANELECTRO MODEL: U1.
It's back with a white pick guard and white on the sides.
it looks exactly like the one in the link below. I love how unique it is, from the body to the headstock. it really stands out sorta like Jack White's montgomery airlines guitar. i was so excited about last night that i had trouble falling asleep, i must be in love.

http://vintagesilvertones.com/forsale_gtr-silvertone1419.html

It shows signs of use but still sounds good, I am not sure if everything is original but i'll find out soon. It's missing the volume and tone knobs but those are easy to replace.

I called to reserve it just a second ago and will put a down payment on it after school gets out.

If you notice on the link the price is $949, but the music store has it for $200 :D
I'm gonna have my guitar teacher look at because im still pretty new to guitars, but I will hopefully be able to pay it off and take it home on tuesday if all goes well.

sorry bout the double post

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. Every guitarist has that ONE special guitar they MUST have. In my case, it was two - a Fender American tobacco burst Strat and a Gibson Les Paul Standard. I have had the Strat for a year or two. Picked up the LP about a week ago! Now all I need is a really good tube amp, to make these two guitars sing!

Here's my LP:

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i would love a LP but i think I'll have to wait till im done with school and get a decent job so i could afford one.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Don't worry , Daniel. You have time. I have been dreaming of owning an LP since 1981! Finally got one. Just wish I hasn't waited SO long!

ReplyQuote