Notifications
Clear all

New Guitar Site Needs Suggestions

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@peter-simms)
Topic starter  

:) Hey GuitarNoise Folks! ... I'm Peter Simms. I'm back to writing for guitar noise again - articles coming soon! Also, I am a pro-player and teacher developing a site for which I can teach from home. I need some "IDEAS" from you guitarists out there. If you could check out my site and give me the good, bad, and ugly news about my site, it would be greatly appreciated! It is http://www.petersimms-guitarman.com/ . I'm looking forward to being a regular teacher on guitarnoise again. It was fun before, and I know it will be fun again. Thanks in advance for those of you who will check out my site. "Any" advice is helpful. Peter

(@hughm)
Trusted Member

If it were my site, I'd prepare a nice big, free lesson on a juicy topic, like acoustic jazz/blues with a walking base (a favourite style of mine). Or Latin. Everybody likes Latin. Break it up into, say, six chunks - each chunk dealing with a little bit of technique, a little bit of theory, etc. This mondo lesson would, of course, assemble for the student a complete song.

Post these instalments at 7-day intervals. This will achieve for you two things: 1) Your students will love you because you will have taught them something really cool, and 2) They will keep coming back to your site, even after the entire lesson is concluded, and be much more willing to pay for subsequent lessons. (You can keep this lesson cycling. There will always be new people showing up.)

There.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Hey Peter,

I've enjoyed your lessons here on guitarnoise.

Regarding your 30 days for $30 lesson deal. Can that be spread out to every other week? That just sounds like an incredible deal.

I'll think about the site and any suggestions.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've never been able to find a website that has some clear and precise lessons for people wanting to learn the basics of jazz guitar: i've only been able to find sites that have random articles about some pretty complex subjects. So maybe if you play jazz that would be a good thing to do.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@hughm)
Trusted Member

Check out http://guitar-masters.com

You'll spend years there if learning jazz is your thing. There is an excellent links section, as well.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

the video lessons are good. If you had lower resolution shorter, smaller free samples and the same in higher resolution for pay....

ReplyQuote
(@peter-simms)
Topic starter  

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! I'm up for any other ideas you might have. I plan on incorporating some of them very soon. I e-mailed you all back personally. Thanks again.. Peter

ReplyQuote