Notifications
Clear all

New Project: "The Rat Axe"

24 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Three humbuckers sounds awesome....the more pickups on it the better. A big trem bridge would add some much needed tackiness. Maybe a bunch of knobs on the front and some flame decals. Or instead of working hard to make it look tacky you could just buy my bass from me ;)

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Instead of carpet, kill a few rats, skin them and cover the guitar in "real" rat fur.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Instead of carpet, kill a few rats, skin them and cover the guitar in "real" rat fur.

Nice idea, but most of the big rats are there, not here in Raleigh. :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Three humbuckers sounds awesome....the more pickups on it the better. A big trem bridge would add some much needed tackiness. Maybe a bunch of knobs on the front and some flame decals. Or instead of working hard to make it look tacky you could just buy my bass from me ;)

Hmmmmm. What if I removed the bridge, moved it down the body about 3 or four inches and made it a 4 humbucker axe? To top it off, I leave the screw holes alone.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@il_manti)
Trusted Member

Hmmmmm. What if I removed the bridge, moved it down the body about 3 or four inches and made it a 4 humbucker axe? To top it off, I leave the screw holes alone.

God! Why would anyone want to massacre something so special as a guitar? You are not human I tell you!!

Burn in hell!

:twisted:

Manti

The truth does not matter in life. What really matters is what others believe to be the truth.

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

you could use a old dropcord or bicycle innertube for the strap, have it permantly screwed in with some screws so big they split the wood on the body.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

God! Why would anyone want to massacre something so special as a guitar? You are not human I tell you!!
Burn in hell!
:twisted:
Manti

It's not a massacre. Think of it more as a resurection. No, Frankenstein's monster.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Moving the bridge would put the frets all out of whack - you'd never be able to get accurate notes on it, other than on open strings. Fret positioning is directly related to the scale length - change scale length and you change fret positioning.
It would also move the strings in relation to the pickup pole pieces - the neck pickup may well not have any strings directly under a pole piece.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I saw this one guy who put an acoustic/electric pickup on a strat between the bridge and the bridge pup. He then had the wire from it taped to the front and running into a separate amp.

What you could do is glue it to the pickguard in the same spot and have a little hole where the wire goes in visibily, then a toggle switch on the guard to put it through the signal or remove it. Not only does it look ghetto but it would give you some interesting tones.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2