Clear all

Nick Goes Completely off the deep end

19 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Okay, so I said I'd be getting rid of some guitars now that I got my brand spankin' new Breedlove Northwest, remember?

Well I decided to trade them in at guitar center. So I traded in my Gibson 185EC, my Breedlove SC20 Koa, and my Martin J-KWS signature and got a Collings OM1AC. A is for Adirondack, C is for cutaway. It also has a PUTW pickup installed.

I walked in and handed them three and walked out with one.

Like buttah, that guitar.

Picking up and playing the new Breedlove, putting it back down and grabbing the Collings and playing it, it's like dating two super models. You don't know which one is best, but who gives a crap? Just enjoy.

So on the way home, my wife calls me to get some chocolate milk for the kids. I park, take my guitar with me, put it in the cart and grocery shop with it. I got some strange looks, let me tell you.

I still have one or two to get rid of. I'll post something soon in swap meet.

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I hope you put your Collins in the safety seat on that cart.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Now that's a man in love. :shock: :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Now that's a man in love. :shock: :D

... wouldn't call it love.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I feel so dirty.

Good, but dirty.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's hilarious. And I thought I was too into the guitar when I take in from my car into work on cold days. But just for a grocery trip? Nick, you need some help! lol!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Enjoy the new guitar, Nick.
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

"So on the way home, my wife calls me to get some chocolate milk for the kids. I park, take my guitar with me, put it in the cart and grocery shop with it. I got some strange looks, let me tell you. "

That is too funny Nick! I bet you not only got looks from fellow customers, but probably Security too. I can just hear it now, "OK, everyone be on alert! We have a customer walking through the store with what APPEARS to be a guitar case. Exercise extreme caution. There could be anything inside that case! Milhouse, you cover the cashiers. Collins, go to the Poultry section and await instructions. Fay Jung, go to Frozen Foods!
I have alerted the Police and a Swat Team is on the way! Be calm, do not excite or alarm this person in any way. We may be dealing with a complete looney here!"

They will probably use you for training films for years to come.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

"So on the way home, my wife calls me to get some chocolate milk for the kids. I park, take my guitar with me, put it in the cart and grocery shop with it. I got some strange looks, let me tell you. "

That is too funny Nick! I bet you not only got looks from fellow customers, but probably Security too. I can just hear it now, "OK, everyone be on alert! We have a customer walking through the store with what APPEARS to be a guitar case. Exercise extreme caution. There could be anything inside that case! Milhouse, you cover the cashiers. Collins, go to the Poultry section and await instructions. Fay Jung, go to Frozen Foods!
I have alerted the Police and a Swat Team is on the way! Be calm, do not excite or alarm this person in any way. We may be dealing with a complete looney here!"

They will probably use you for training films for years to come.
TOO FUNNY Wes! :D

Okay Nick It's Picture TIME! Give em up!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

We may be dealing with a complete looney here!"

If they knew how many guitars he has, they would have called in for a straight jacket! :P

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Im with twistedfingers, give up tha pics

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Okay, I'll post them this evening

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member

Damn this is just too funny (but cool).

pics of models -- ehh...guitar :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Nice WOOD Nick! :shock: :D :wink: 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2