Skip to content
Night Moves: not su...

Notifications
Clear all

Night Moves: not sure if it's a bad habit or ...

24 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I know Metallica did a cover of Turn the Page. Am I in? Do I qualify? Am I a Metalhead? :lol:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Not yet it's going to take a bit more than that for you to get in the Metalhead club...let's start with a few tattoo's first.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Is it just me, or is palm muting one of those techniques that nearly every guitarist seems to overuse once they've learned it? I say play the tune however you think it sounds best.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yep. Almost as bad as pinch harmonics.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Not yet it's going to take a bit more than that for you to get int he Metalhed club...let's start with a few tattoo's first.

Left arm:

Right arm:

:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Is it just me, or is palm muting one of those techniques that nearly every guitarist seems to overuse once they've learned it? I say play the tune however you think it sounds best.

I do have to agree that it's overused sometimes. A little bit of anything can go a long way if done right. Here is the Werewolves of London YT I mentioned that makes me cringe. The cringing starts at :42. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxWOsAX8OE Why, oh why? :cry:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

OK Frank your almost there.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Frank,

You have an 'Oum' tattoo on your right arm. That's really cool. Are you into mediation and stuff ?

Night Moves has a nice acoustic muting.

I love doing muting (whether palm or the fretting hand). Adds a whole new dimension to playing.

Regarding the harmonics...I am not a very big fan of those, unless I am hearing Billy Gibbons doing that. Its only sounds better when he does 'em more. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Frank,

You have an 'Oum' tattoo on your right arm. That's really cool. Are you into mediation and stuff ?

Yes, that's OM, the Sanskrit version. The tatoo artist asked me if I wanted Tibetan or Sanskrit. I said it must be Sanskrit.

I used to meditate; must get back into it. I have small prints of the deities on the walls... Hanuman, Rama and Lakshmi; Shiva and Parvati; Shiva meditating; Ganesha by the front door, of course; Krishna. Plus all kinds of other religious representations. I'm pantheistic. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2