Clear all

Ninjam

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well I recently stumbled upon an awesome program for jamming over the internet. I think i'm actually addicted. The biggest problem is not enough people are using it and the second biggest is that it takes about 10 minutes to figure out how to what your doing with it. So i'll try to solve the biggest one by posting the link to the site: http://www.ninjam.com . It is actually an incredible program(it is free btw) comes with an effects program(one of the best i've seen which is also freeware), and I am just so glad I found it.

(@evolution)
Estimable Member

Sounds interesting, but I have couple questions. You don't play together on that program? Since it says you play in intervals between each other that is connected.

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

Sounds interesting, but I have couple questions. You don't play together at the same time on that program? Since it says you play in intervals between each other that is connected.

Edit: wow something wierd I meant to edit the post and it made another post....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Just browsed the site. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out a bit more.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sounds really bizarre. When I get my internet working in my appartment I'll download it immediately. :D

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Cool, it's got Linux and Mac clients too.

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yes your really playing over what people where playing in a previous time interval. But the time intervals are extremely short(half a second), so once you figure out when to play(it has a synchronized metronome) it really feels like your jamming. I really like the way they have designed it and I think it comes really close to overcoming latency issues.

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

a 4 person jam needs approximately 768kbps of outbound (and only 240kbps inbound) bandwidth, and a 8 person jam requires approximately 3mbps of outbound (and 600kbps inbound) bandwidth.

...too bad. I only got ISDN (64Kbit) :evil: :evil: :evil:

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

I am gonna bump this guy. I played around with it for a bit last night and enjoyed it, for the short time I was there. I think it is a great concept, I just need some time in the evenings for it. And that won't be tonight; kids tend to take a TON of your time :D

I had to wait around for 10-15 minutes before someone else joined up. We played a few things, messed around, nothing extravagant. The fun ended a little after 10 when the wife stuck her head in the garage and said she couldn't go to sleep with my amp making noise :twisted:

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote