SX Guitars From Spa...

Notifications
Clear all

SX Guitars From Spain?

40 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I have been doing some research on the SX guitars and the overall reviews look great. I have always wanted a tele and it was a toss up between the Squier Standard, SX, or Agile (Fender American is out until I win the lottery!). The Agile is out because I don't like the 2 finishes available. I have heard great things about the Squiers but decided to research the SX line a bit since they are almost $100 cheaper.

Anyway (to make a long story short) I found the SX Home Page. There is an English version and one from Spain. I thought SX was Korean made and if so why would their site be listed from Spain?

I just emailed Kurt to see if he had any of the other guitars listed on the SX site (the Spanish site lists a TON of their guitars). He did say no but one I was intersted in has been on order since January. The SX SST LTD-2 Limited Edition looks to be a SWEET guitar and possible a sweet deal. Probably less than $200 (more like less than $150).

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think some of the SX guitars are from China. I thought they all were, in fact.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Just because a company is based in a particular country, doesn't mean that their production capacity is in that same country (e.g. Fender, Epiphone, ESP, BC Rich, Dean, etc., etc.).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I searched all over the SX websites and could find no reference whatever to their place of manufacture. I believe Rondo says on their site that they're Chinese.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I searched all over the SX websites and could find no reference whatever to their place of manufacture. I believe Rondo says on their site that they're Chinese.

thanks Ricochet...I couldn't remember the Asia country where they were manufactured. However thought SX was a USA company...like Fender or Gibson that just outsourced these models...

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think it's a US company that imports guitars under their brand name.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Isn't Rondo sole importer fo SX and Agile in the US?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm, from Rondo's home page: "Rondo Music is the home of SX Guitars, Agile Guitars, Valencia Guitars, Brice Basses, CNB Cases, Drummer's Design and Century Drums, and Hoffman Violins. For questions on any of these products it's best to email us."

Seems like E-mailing Kurt there would be the quickest way to settle the question, as I don't immediately see anything on Rondo's site telling where they come from.

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

I noticed at samash.com that several of the Brownsville brand guitars appeared to be SX's, they even kept the GG1 designation in the model name. But they did have some differences - basswood bodies and slightly different switch arrangements.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Every SX guitar I've seen was made in China, every Agile was made in Korea. There may be exceptions, but this is the rule of thumb. I read good things about the strats, I have one of the pseudo Jazzmasters which has all kinds of quality issues, but the neck and finish are both sweet. The pickups are cheap, but have an interestingly vintage sound to them. A Tele would probably be fine as it lacks a trem and is much simpler in the bridge. Just be prepared to send it back if you get a lemon.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

From the "contact" page on the SX-Spain web site:
Our instruments are manufactured at the most experienced factories in China

Be interesting to find out what other brands are made at those same facilities.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

From the "contact" page on the SX-Spain web site:
Our instruments are manufactured at the most experienced factories in China .

HEY...Someone (not like me :wink: ) who can read the site! Now do they say they are an American-based or Spain-Based company....?

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Couldn't find it, but now I'm gassin' for their new Jaguar copy with P90s!

http://www.sxguitarspain.com/sxvjm62jaguar.htm

I did find out that "Team International Co., Ltd" is the distributor out of China. Not sure if they are also the manufacturer.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Couldn't find it, but now I'm gassin' for their new Jaguar copy with P90s!

http://www.sxguitarspain.com/sxvjm62jaguar.htm

I did find out that "Team International Co., Ltd" is the distributor out of China. Not sure if they are also the manufacturer.

Kurt has that on his site...not all the models on SX's site are sold by Rondo..that's why I think there are other "importers" or "dealers" besides Rondo...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

On a comical note:

This topic is named: "SX guitars from Spain", and the topic underneath it is named "Anal about Tone" ....You can imagine the connection my brain made upon first glance.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3