SX Guitars From Spa...

Notifications
Clear all

SX Guitars From Spain?

40 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I agree that the G&L's are better than the Squiers, but they are twice as much. And I didn't like the Affinity series as much, myself.

I would also agree that they don't sound exactly like a real Tele, but for the money they come awfully close! With the Texas Special pickups in a Squier you are still out less cash than a Tribute by G&L. That said, I am buying a Tribute, as I think the tone of that guitar is better than any of the Fender family, period, and it is extraordinary in build quality for the money.

For me, the difference is worth the $250, for someone else maybe not.

True but for $250 I might as well get the Agile...however their colors are GOD awefull! My goal was to just get an inexpensive tele and it was a toss up between the SX or the Squier (See Anal About Tone thread :wink: )...I just want something close to a tele sound (different than the strat) that I can play around with country music and of course blues...

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I'll give you a hint, it involves "SX" and "anal"...At the moment, those two threads and one titled "GASsed" are next to each other.
:lol:

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I think Kurt from Rondo has been reading this post...He has the Agile Tele in sunburst and the white pickguard available...it wasn't there 2 days ago!

Can Anyone say GAS!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think if Kurt knows a variant's wanted, it'll soon turn up.

A bit over a year ago I wrote him saying that I sure wished they'd make a semihollowbody with P-90s, I'd sure have trouble not buying one. (I didn't know they'd previously had the AS-820 available with P-90s.) Not too long later, there it was on their web page, "Back By Request!" My year-old AS-820 with P-90s is beside me now. I love that thing!
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I agree that the G&L's are better than the Squiers, but they are twice as much. And I didn't like the Affinity series as much, myself.

I would also agree that they don't sound exactly like a real Tele, but for the money they come awfully close! With the Texas Special pickups in a Squier you are still out less cash than a Tribute by G&L. That said, I am buying a Tribute, as I think the tone of that guitar is better than any of the Fender family, period, and it is extraordinary in build quality for the money.

True but for $250 I might as well get the Agile...however their colors are GOD awefull! My goal was to just get an inexpensive tele and it was a toss up between the SX or the Squier (See Anal About Tone thread :wink: )...I just want something close to a tele sound (different than the strat) that I can play around with country music and of course blues...

My best advice is to go to a store, play it and decide if it is the sound you are after. Reviews mean absolutely nothing, if I am to believe Harmony Central everyone and their dog bought the One Good Squier that kicks all Fenders butt. I say they don't sound like teles, others say they do. None of it should matter to you, the only important thing is whether YOU think it sounds like a tele. The squier is IMHO a good guitar whatever people label the sound and it definitely wouldn't be a waste of money. Don't have any experience with the Agile so I can't tell you about those.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

My best advice is to go to a store, play it and decide if it is the sound you are after. Reviews mean absolutely nothing, if I am to believe Harmony Central everyone and their dog bought the One Good Squier that kicks all Fenders butt. I say they don't sound like teles, others say they do. None of it should matter to you, the only important thing is whether YOU think it sounds like a tele. The squier is IMHO a good guitar whatever people label the sound and it definitely wouldn't be a waste of money. Don't have any experience with the Agile so I can't tell you about those.

I trust the Agiles but I can't play them since they are in New Jersy and me in NY...but since Kurt has a great return policy it's not much of a risk. Plus I know that the Agile's are quality guitars since I have the LP already...at least I know the materials won't be cheap...all I will worry about is tone...

As for the Squiers...I played one about 2 months ago and liked it...then I tried an MIM and it felt terrible to me. The clerk at GC asked which I liked better and I said the Squier...he kind of smirked. I am sure he wanted me to say the MIM so he'd get a bigger commission. However the reviews of the MIM tele's are close to my experience...the MIM tele's aren't as good as the MIM strats are for some reason...maybe because the tele has a harder sound to reproduce?

I think the Agile is the one for me now that the sunburst is back...and I just might order it this Friday after I pay my bills...I just GOT to have a sunburst tele...don't ask me why!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

OK Kurt this one is for YOU!

I asked Kurt about this Agile tele (how many he had etc...) and here is his reply:
Actually, yes I watch the posts on a number of forums.
did not get too many in, I will now "let the people vote" with their wallets and see how it does.

SO LET'S GO PEOPLE! Get your credit cards out and help keep thse in stock!
I am dying for the sunburst!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I have to admit it looks very good. My wife would kill me though ...

Now, if Kurt were to expand the line of Agile acoustics, I'd really get into trouble. A nice mid- or deep-body Ovation knock-off, instead of the shallow-body (deep brown? purple???) one currently listed, would be too tempting!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have to admit it looks very good. My wife would kill me though ...

Now, if Kurt were to expand the line of Agile acoustics, I'd really get into trouble. A nice mid- or deep-body Ovation knock-off, instead of the shallow-body (deep brown? purple???) one currently listed, would be too tempting!

He got rid og the brown one he had...only lefties left...but he did add I nice full body cutaway for $329!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

SX GG1 SII BO BK
$69.99

Thats like £41!!
I spent more than that in the pub on Friday!

No wonder American guitarist's have so much gear!

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3