Notifications
Clear all

SX Guitars From Spain?

40 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Mike: Yes, I'm browsing there now. But they only have the Jag in black and sunburst - which does not look good in the pictures. I was hoping for the vintage white or lake placid blue. Too bad. However, I see they have really expanded their Agile line - there's 5 guitars on that site that I'd love to own ... a Harm 3 semi-hollow Ric copy, an ST-1000 Strat copy, TC-630 and TC-730 Tele copies, and of course the infamous Valkyrie SG copy. I need to win the lottery!!! :cry:

Taso: I'm sorry, no, I can't image what you were thinking. Please explain in graphic detail. Then again, please don't!
LOL :D

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I'll give you a hint, it involves "SX" and "anal"...

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike: Yes, I'm browsing there now. But they only have the Jag in black and sunburst - which does not look good in the pictures. I was hoping for the vintage white or lake placid blue. Too bad. However, I see they have really expanded their Agile line - there's 5 guitars on that site that I'd love to own ... a Harm 3 semi-hollow Ric copy, an ST-1000 Strat copy, TC-630 and TC-730 Tele copies, and of course the infamous Valkyrie SG copy. I need to win the lottery!!! :cry:

I didn't like the look of the TC-630 or the TC-730...I like the traditional sunburst wit the white pick guard. That's why I was looking at the Squier Standard or the SX (if I changed the pickgard from black to white)...the brown just doesn't look good on the Agile...

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I have the surf guitar in sunburst. The finish is fantastic, better than I expected, and looks great with the tinted neck.

The guitar has other issues, though, the string spread is greater than the pickup pole spread, which causes volume problems at the treble side. The spread is set by the bridge which is really designed for jazzmaster pickups which have a wider pole spread. The guitar is definately playable for goofing around, but it is my project guitar, and will require a lot of work before I consider playing it out.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

"Traditional" tele pickguards would be black, depending on how far back in time you want to go.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I'll give you a hint, it involves "SX" and "anal"...

You forgot to add "Thread creep" next to your reply :wink: .

Watch your back for the thought police out there!

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The guitar has other issues, though, the string spread is greater than the pickup pole spread, which causes volume problems at the treble side.

That's too bad. Sounds like an oversight in the design. Good to know about the finish though; thanks for the info. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The SX Jaguar will be great for surf music - it comes complete with chunk bitten out by a shark! :)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

I haven't seen the SX Tele's in person, but my SX LP copy is just OK, nothing to write home about. Good for a beginner, that's it. I lent mine to a friend who is just starting out, since I started picking it up less and less. One of those things.

I would seriously look at the Squier. I don't think that there is a better guitar for the money, as far as Tele copies go. They aren't seconds or beginner guitars--they are the real deal. And after a couple of years you can put some new pickups in it and you'll have an awesome guitar for peanuts. They come in a rainbow of finishes, too. The build quality is unbelievable for the dough.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'll give you a hint, it involves "SX" and "anal"...At the moment, those two threads and one titled "GASsed" are next to each other.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

My issue with squier teles is that they don't sound like a tele. They often play well, look stunning, are dirt cheap and have a usable sound, but NOT the sound of a tele. Just ain't got the twang, more of a strat sound actually. Although I guess that should be gone when you upgrade the pups.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

My issue with squier teles is that they don't sound like a tele. They often play well, look stunning, are dirt cheap and have a usable sound, but NOT the sound of a tele. Just ain't got the twang, more of a strat sound actually. Although I guess that should be gone when you upgrade the pups.

You see I heard differently...I heard that in the bridge pickup setting it had great twang (according the the Fender Discussion Page...Squier Forum)...Plus on Harmony Central I read they sounded great as well. But I guess at least with a Squier upgrades are fairly simple since there shouldn't be any modifications to make...basically an even swap...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Now you've gone & done it Mike. I'm GASSing for that SX SST Limited 2 Series now! What a thing of beauty! Agghh! :wink:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Mike: I'm not basing my opinion on reviews or anything. I played a few of 'em (Affinity and Standard series) and my ears tell me they just don't sound like a tele. And even if Jimi Hendrix would rise from the grave and tell me I'm wrong I'd still not change my opinion. My ears consider squier teles to be cool guitars but not tele-sounding guitars. Sounding great and sounding the same as a real tele is quite a different thing. In the cheaper priceclasses G&L and London City make far better tele clones for example. Assuming you want that tele tone, since, I can't stress it enough, the tone itself isn't *wrong* but different.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

I agree that the G&L's are better than the Squiers, but they are twice as much. And I didn't like the Affinity series as much, myself.

I would also agree that they don't sound exactly like a real Tele, but for the money they come awfully close! With the Texas Special pickups in a Squier you are still out less cash than a Tribute by G&L. That said, I am buying a Tribute, as I think the tone of that guitar is better than any of the Fender family, period, and it is extraordinary in build quality for the money.

For me, the difference is worth the $250, for someone else maybe not.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3