Clear all

Now this is AMAZING!

25 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Especially since it's an acoustic:

http://media.spikedhumor.com/742/acousticplayer.wmv

Movie is 3mb so if you are dialup it's gonna take a bit.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don't know what he is doing up the neck.Is he fingerpicking or what.Seems like he is tapping too much.I can't see much left hand movement.Anyways still amazing no doubt 8)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Fun stuff, not my thing to listen to but impressive nevertheless. I believe that dude had a show with a wicked black bass-player (anyone knows who I am talking about?) who did stuff like this on his bass, and they took turns 'soloing'. Fun. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

He's mostly using a funk bass type slap action from what I can see. Alot of players are doing that these days.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Fun stuff, not my thing to listen to but impressive nevertheless. I believe that dude had a show with a wicked black bass-player (anyone knows who I am talking about?) who did stuff like this on his bass, and they took turns 'soloing'. Fun. 8)

I don't know who you are talking about but Billy Sheehan (formally of Mr. Big, David Lee Roth, and Talas) used to play solos on his bass. He has been dubbed one of the BEST bassists EVER.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Are you talking about Bill "The Buddha" Dickens ?

I've seen him on television.. and he is some bad a$$ bass player.

Mike

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That is pretty impresive. :shock:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Awesome!!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

The guitarist is Justin King - More info at:

http://www.justinking.com/main.html

BS

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

justin king owns all

and i think the bass playert your talking about is victor wooten

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I usually hate this kind of stuff because it is so gimmicky, but no doubt the guy is great.

I did enjoy the tapping parts, but only because of the beautiful melody.

It was great, but after one song it would be old to me.

Sorry to be a downer, I just usually don't get into this type of stuff. Doesn't mean anything, everybody is different. I'm sure many people would be thrilled with this style of playing.

Like Sly said, Different Strokes for Different Folks.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

It was great, but after one song it would be old to me.

Me too.

It reminded me of an Australian called Tommy Emmanuel who is also good at fast 'show off' pieces. Eye catching to watch, but often gets old fast.

It was interesting watching this guy mess around, and he sure had some awesome skills. But if I turned away and just listened it didn't really float my boat all that much. Once through was enough.

As you say though "different strokes for different folks". Who knows, if I heard him play something else I might love it. :D

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

I liked the melody and have to say after the day I have had this is just what I needed to see. I was about ready to throw my guitar out the window (DAMN BARRE CHORDS and STRUMMING) but this was amazing and while I couldn't listen to it all day - it was slightly inspirational.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Right there with you Wes and Chris.

A great display of talent, but after a few songs, yeah I'd get a little tired of it.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

That guy has talent, no two ways about! His fingers looked like rubber!

Unlike most everyone else, I think he could entertain for hours!

I really enjoyed that, Mike! Where did it come from? It looked like the end of a show or something because of the credits.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2