Clear all

Oldest string ever?

12 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I buddy of mine came over last Sunday night to jam with me for a few hours. He normally plays an ovation acoustic. This time he pulled out a Fender strat that he bought in the 60's some time. He's NEVER changed the strings! It sounded good too.

I change mine every 3-4 weeks usually.

BOS

(@rocker)
Noble Member

:shock:

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

I buddy of mine came over last Sunday night to jam with me for a few hours. He normally plays an ovation acoustic. This time he pulled out a Fender strat that he bought in the 60's some time. He's NEVER changed the strings! It sounded good too.

I change mine every 3-4 weeks usually.

BOS

does he play it with a feather :?: :?: :?:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

*Gross*

I hope Strat is green...so the strings match it. I suppose it's the most original tone anybody's ever heard though... :lol:

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Wow. That's quite the accomplishment, keeping strings from disintegrating for that long!

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

Wow. That's quite the accomplishment, keeping strings from disintegrating for that long!

bet he recycles toilet paper too :shock: :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

LOL,

He hasn't played it much lately...usually playing acoustic. The strings did feel a little "heavy" Thought he was trying to be like SRV. Maybe just gross.

BOS

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

There's no way that guitar could have gotten much play in 40 years without a string breaking at some point. I suspect it's been in storage.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I had a patient once with 40 year old underwear. :shock: He was a very cheap individual and had bought them new while in the Army. He soon there after became rather obese and never used them. He was so sick for so long he lost a great deal of weight. He sent his sister for the 40 year old underwear he had been saving all those years. Believe it or not Ripley! Does that count as a "G" string?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

I had a patient once with 40 year old underwear. .... Does that count as a "G" string?

EEEEEEEEEWWWWW!

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

The main thing I would be concerned about is fret wear. A corroded string will probably scratch the frets up pretty badly.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:shock: :shock: :shock:

#4491....

ReplyQuote