Clear all

I just need ONE STRING!!

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So a couple months back (nov 15, but who's keeping track) I bought the schecter C-1+ I have now and the guy at the store threw in a set of Red Devil DR strings. Well, when I was stringing it up, I messed up and put a kink in the low E string and it broke. As it stands now, I have 5 dark red strings that I can't put on my guitar because I'd have to put a bright and shiny silver low E on as well, and that just doesn't match.

So...my question-is there any place that sells strings separately? I would assume with how often a high E breaks there would have to be, but I just don't know...

Thanks all!

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Every decent music-store sells every individual string in all common gauges. Just ask for 'High-e .009' or whatever you need. Not too sure if you can order them by color though...

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, I never thought to check with music stores because they never have the strings displayed. I'll check around for the colored strings, I'd really like to avoid ordering 1 measely string online

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I do it all the time. If I break a string I tend to just change the one that broke. Sometimes I will change all of them but that's not that often usually it's just one at a time so I keep a few of each.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

after years of changing strings, either one at a time or all at once, you will amass an arsenal of strings in every size.
then you should not have problems.

always buy two packs at the same time.

in my string stash I have more low E's than G's. that tells me I work the G string harder (LOL ;) ). so when I buy a pack I ask for one extra G.

I may run low but I never run out now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Items like this are not considered 'special' enough to warrant expensive display space.

ReplyQuote
(@j-dawg)

Had the same thing happen the other day. Bought new strings, they were black, broke the G while putting them on. Now I have a golden one in there. It looks ugly. :(

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I used to have black and red strings ....... black cause I couldn't afford new ones and red from my bleeding fingers! :P Seriously though, silver is fine for me.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@triple_c)
Trusted Member

My conspiracy theory is that they always put one faulty string in, so you break it and have to buy new strings.

Triple_C

ReplyQuote
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

always buy two packs at the same time.

quote]

The guitar shop closest to my house sells strings that way-two packs together for one price, generally a buck or two less than the price of two single packs bought separately. I also found out that they sell single strings, starting at a dollar each. I'm spoiled, I know :)

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

ReplyQuote