Skip to content
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO...

Notifications
Clear all

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

OK! I know i have been constantly asking you guys what to get for my guitar but omgomgomg. Somebody actually came through with my motorcycle add!!!! I now have 700.00 cash in my hand. WHAT TO BUY. I am so confused. Ok, do i get new pick-ups, new amp, and like 2 foot pedals or WHAT!!? Or do i buy like a brand new jackson or dean along with a new foot pedal and stick with my old amp or what what what!! Please help thanks
:twisted: :D

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Well i find new amp n pickups r great...But if what you got in terms of equipment is adequate, there really is nothing like a new guitar...It is what you play after all

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If what you have already is adequate, you may consider donating a portion of that to The Red Cross or similar organization to help the victims of huricane Katrina.
Just a thought.

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yea....just a thought......anyways

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

If you are satisfied with your guitar, NEW AMP.

What kind of music do you play?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

quite possibly the msot harders title subject to read...

anyways, if your amp is old, try out for a new amp, and I think you said somehere you have a new guitar, so you don't need a new one. If oyou're statisfied with the tone, get an amp and do what missleman said about donating, it's really a horrible thing for whats happening down there.

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Ok, HEAVY METAL. METALLICA. Read my name lol. I love pantera, metallica, ac/dc, MEGADETH, IRON MAIDEN, scorpians. I play all that kinda music. None of that pat benetar, or eagles. Understand lol? I also want to have that mmmm i get chills, van halen nuts high pitch lead. ooo. lol. I would love to get a new guitar, but theres no point in having a sweet guitar with some 10'' fender amp. Ok, what foot pedal will fit that music^^^^^?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I think your better off upgrading the amp
This looks neat, but might not be fully practical?!?
Used Mesa Boogie Nomad 100 Head: (VG) Power switchable for 100 or 60 watts, bias select switch for either 6L6s or EL34s, 3 fully indepedent channels with 6 modes, footswitchable EQ, overall and solo volume controls, with footswitch...you couldn't possibly ask for MORE! $1000 Stock#UAB16311
http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/amplifiers.html

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I think you're best of with not getting ANYTHING. If you're even remotely like me you'll feel the need to get the right stuff right now. Don't. Take your time, read up on what makes a sound sound the way it does and try a lot of stuff in the store. Don't bring your money with you. Then come back here in two weeks and tell us what you've tried, what you liked and disliked and which purchase you feel like buying most. Then maybe we can offer some alternatives or tell some more about the stuff you're interested in. Whatever you do, do not rush it. When you move this smart you can get some gear that will last you for many years.

And Missileman does have a point. Ofcourse noone expects you to sell all your stuff and give it away but when I make big purchases like you'll be doing I'll put some tiny percentage of it apart for charity. You'll hardly notice if you spend 700,- or 705,-, but it can matter a whole lot to others. And best of all, you'll feel way better then a $5 happy-pill. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Arjen does have a point, both on the research and the charity. If you take your time, figure out exactly what you want and then hunt around, you may get a decent bargain. And a bit of charity's always a good thing :)

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Sounds like a good time to take your guitar down the shop and sit there tying out amps for a day.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

If what you have already is adequate, you may consider donating a portion of that to The Red Cross or similar organization to help the victims of huricane Katrina.
Just a thought.
Yeah, its really sad what's going on down there... :( I tried to do a bit and donated half of my lawn mowing money this month to the Red Cross...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Call me a fool, but when I get some money (not often), I run down and get some good gear while I can.

Man, you want a stack. You know you do. You are a Rocker. So, go get you a stack.

Something like this.

Do It

If you don't like this amp, I'll give you $50 bucks for it (and you pay shipping) :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

Oh that's a niiiiiiiice amp...

I'm with Wes here. If you have the money, first identify what you want to address in your gearage. For me, I say to myself, what would be the most fun to play with? Sometimes it's a pedal, last time, it was a new amp. Then, go to a few stores and bring your guitar and just play everything. Go to next store...repeat. If you see something that just says BUY ME! then by all means...buy it! If not, DO NOT FORCE IT. Don't buy soething just cos you wanna buy somethng. Buy something if it speaks to you.

Charity's up to you.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I say amp.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2