Skip to content
One door closes and...

Notifications
Clear all

One door closes and another opens. Carry On.

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I just basically feel like ranting right now, my favourtie current band split up last night (Audioslave) and damn it's like breaking up with a girlfirend but worse, I followed this band before they came to be, and their music to me was like a god send, they were like the soundgarden i never got to see, so for me it was the second best thing, atleast I saw Slave live, i'd probably be more angry if i didn't. I looked at one of my guitars earlier and just got a picture in my head of it in a million pieces on the floor.

But on the otherside of the breakup it means my favourite singer will now be making more solo records and it was pretty much the vocalist which made the band for me.

Yeah anyway just an angry guy ranting :>

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

(@fah-q)
Estimable Member

yeah but isnt rage going to be doing some shows this summer?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i heard they were doing one show.

my favorite band is the chili peppers and i can't believe that i actually spend time worrying that they might break up someday!

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I hadn't heard that Audioslave broke up. :( They were excellent. To me, though, it's a fair trade if Rage Against the Machine comes back for a while. :D
TZ

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Maybe that means that in a few years that audioslave will also have a reunion tour.

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I love rage too but, there is just that power that cornell can convey in his voice, i decided to get drunk instead of breaking soemthing :P

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@fah-q)
Estimable Member

I love rage too but, there is just that power that cornell can convey in his voice, i decided to get drunk instead of breaking soemthing :P
getting drunk is clearly the better choice :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Relax! I know how you feel, but as of late, I have gotten over the bands breaking up thing. From my perspective, just be glad they made it to a second album. Supergroups are notorious for being one album wonders. I am sure Cornell will be able to have more musical freedom going it alone or forming his own band. If it really is Cornell you love, if he tours on his own, it'll probably be in smaller more intimate venues and he'll include some Soundgarden and Audioslave songs. Just trying to keep you from breaking something. Getting drunk is the better choice but is a good start on your way to breaking something.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Relax! I know how you feel, but as of late, I have gotten over the bands breaking up thing. From my perspective, just be glad they made it to a second album.

actually they had 3 albums, but nonetheless, it does suck, I really didn't appreciate Tom Morello's guitar playing until recently.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

de la Rocha > Cornell. Audioslave wasn't anything special compared to Rage Against the Machine.

Bank it. :wink:

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@springfield118)

I wasn't really that sad that Audioslave split. I just hope RATM will permanently reuinte, as they're one of my favorite bands.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i love rage. i love soundgarden. i love audioslave. but really, audioslave was just a novelty band that went longer than usual. I saw them once, at the Electric Factory, front row, one of the coolest shows ever. esp when they busted out Seven Nation Army. great. Tom Morello is superb, and i have a feeling Rage is back for a little while

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Rage's creativity died long ago :P I suppose they could jsut play more shows using old material, but Zach took forever to write songs.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote