Clear all

Pandora Px4

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@creem)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Anyone hear of the Pandora Px4, by Korg? It's a digital effects processor that's pretty much pocket size...

I was considering buying one because it looked pretty customizable, but I haven't heard much about it.

EDIT:
Sorry, I didn't look around too long before I posted this; a mod should probably move it to the Amps & EFX forum...

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've had one for a couple years. Great for practice (very fancy headphone amp). A bit noisy, but still pretty good for recording -- makes a simple and effective guitar to soundcard interface for PC recording. Live, it's a bit of a PITA to switch patches, plus too noisy through an amp on the higher gain settings.

The only thing I found to be really badly done is the phrase recorder/trainer. It works, but I find the sound quality very poor. Others find it adequate -- Maybe I'm just picky.

It's definitely worth $199 USD.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I have one as well and I echo Gnease's comments. Great as personal amp/fx box, but not really giggable (it's not designed for that anyway).

The phrase trainer on mine is adequate - there's no lack of quality, just a limit of 32 seconds.

Another possibility is the Tascam CD GT1. This is really a phrase trainer with fx, unlike the PX4, which is the opposite. It has a built in CD player, speed selection, pitch selection, effects, etc. Costs around the same as the PX4

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@creem)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Okay, well, I think I might be able to get it for about $100, maybe even less. Sounds like it might be worth my while. Thanks for the input.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

$100 or less is a great price for a PX4. Just make sure it's a PX4 and not a PX3, which does actually sell for less than one bill these days.

-G

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

It's a fun little thing. My instructor showed it to me early last year and I just had to have it. It is nifty if you want to play out on the back porch without lugging out your amp.

I agree with Gnease, it is a bit noisy on certain settings. The wireless headphones that KORG was giving away with it wasn't worth the cost of postage.

So many different variables it is easy to get lost in them. I was hoping that KORG or someone would have set up a site for tried and tested mods to the presets.

When I bought mine it was $200. And although I love it, looking back I would have rather saved my money and put it towards a GNX4 since the GNX4 is pedal/foot driven.

Not sure but I don't think the price has come down much on them. I would be careful if the asking was $100.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
(@creem)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Well, $100 is a used price...

ReplyQuote