Clear all

Patch Cables

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Are they only for patch bays, or are these what you use to connect effects on your pedalboard? I'm starting a pedalboard and need to know if I should order these or a 1 foot instrument cable.

Well, if you can't make it, stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can, and meet me in a dream of this hard land.

(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

I though patch cables were for connecting pedals on your pedal board. That's what I bought them for..
I mean, it's a 3-4 inch cord with 2 connection thingies at the end of both sides. THINK! ;)

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks. That's what I thought until I saw Fender selling 6 inch instrument cables. Wonder what you would use them for. I just wanted to make sure that the patch cables would hold up on a pedalboard, and it seems like they will.

Well, if you can't make it, stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can, and meet me in a dream of this hard land.

ReplyQuote
(@oldiron)
Estimable Member

6-36 inch patch cords are used to connect things in a rack mount situation.

I may be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride. (Jerry Garcea)

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

The cables between floor effects or effects mounted to pedal-board need to be shielded cables. You can get adapters that are designed just for pedal to pedal connections. Basically their two male 1/4 inch plugs together. Or you can get shielded cables from say about 2" inch on up. Most of the cables I use for floor pedals are 6" inchs in length.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

How could you tell if the cables are shielded or not?

I'm looking at these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/420205/

The company's site says "70% Braided Shielding (stereo) + Spiral Shielding (mono)" so I'm guessing they're good for pedals, but not sure.

ReplyQuote