Clear all

Piano tabs

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I thought i would post this here even though it doesnt really belong here but, THere are quite a few songs that i would LOVE to learn on paino but I dont know how i would find them. Is there like a Piano tab place online? I cant find anything.

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Piano tabs are called sheet music. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ibummaiden)
Eminent Member

you'll be hard pressed to find ANY free piano tabs online.

cos sheet music is so specific, theres no room for someones interpretation of a piece of music (which is what tab is), TAB is free cos its just someone's best guess at what the music for a song is. (even though theyre usually fairly good)

If you want piano music, you can buy it online, but as far as I know there are no free sheet music sites, because of copyrights & stuff. :(

having said this, if you get the 'guitarpro' program for your computer, the downloadable tabs for that often have piano parts transcribed, & you can read them in TAB form.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

If you download a MIDI file, most decent software will be able to print a score from it that you can use on piano. In fact, MIDI includes the drum score too.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

8notes has some free piano music. You won't find a lot, and most of it's classical.

I have seen piano tabs, though... you'll need to know your octaves: small letters are the octave starting from middle C (so f# is the one above middle C); big letters are the octave below middle C (so B is the note just below middle C)... going up adds either numbers, like a1, or apostrophes like a' - the next octave is a'', then a''' etc.

Going down they double the letters AA, AAA, etc.

Other methods number all the octaves - you'll know if you see a lot of notes using a3, a4, a5 etc.

It's not like guitar - we have 19-24 frets, they have 88 keys. It'd be hard to figure out a tab like 47-43-55-41....

Other piano tab just gives chords. If you goodle 'piano tab converter' you'll find some programs that try to convert guitar tab - I don't know how well they work.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you're into classical piano, there's tons of it for free online, in sheet music. More modern stuff is usually only commercially availlable. If you're interested in learning piano I really suggest learning atleast the basics of standard notation, that will come in handy more often then you might think.

ReplyQuote