Playing a CD slowly?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 T-72
(@t-72)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Quick simple question, how can i make tracks play more slowly (so its easier to get the rhythm right). Does windows media player have an option somewhere or would I need a new program?

(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Windows Media Player does have a feature that let's you slow down mp3, wma and midi files, but it doesn't work on CD tracks. You could rip the track to your computer into one of those formats, then slow that copy down.

Someone told me there is software that will let you slow a CD track down, but I'm not sure what it's called.

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
 T-72
(@t-72)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ah right, well I can rip the track to my computer pretty easily. How do I slow it down once its a wma or whatever?

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

There is a great bit of software called the Amazing Slowdowner. I got mine from a site at http://www.ronimusic.com/ This software slows down or speeds up a song without changing pitch. The demo(free) version on the site will only play the first and last song on a cd or the first minute of an MP3. If you have a burner it is a simple process to have two songs you are working on as the only two songs on a CD.
It is -35 here this AM in the great frozen north, Songs almost slow down by themselves!!!

ReplyQuote
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

Slydog - is there a menu option / plugin / other for Media Player to do this. I've never seen this function, not that I"m a WMP expert :-)

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

There's also a program called "Acid", or is it "AcidPro" that let's you do that (and a whole bunch of other stuff too). $$$$ though (unless you d/l on a P2P filesharer).

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

In Media Player, click on the Now Playing options icon (looks like a little tv set in the lower left). From there, choose playback options. One of those will let you change the speed of playback.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I recall you need Windows Media player 8,9, or 10 for that option. Most recording softwae will have that option.

joe

ReplyQuote