Clear all

Playing a Flying V sitting down?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Theres no doubt that a Flying V looks cool, and would feel just like any other guitar standing up, but what about sitting down? Theres no curve to put your leg in, you would have to hold up the guitar while you play. Is this guitar just not meant to be played sitting down, a stand up only guitar? Just wondering, Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Many of them have a rubber "tread" on the lower side of the body to facilitate propping it on your thigh.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

I have also seen people put the lower V part that sticks out in between their thighs. It then plays really high up. Kinda like classical guitars or something.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@dynamoiv)

my friend has one, and to my knowledge can't play it sitting down. I assume its possible though but it just seems to uncomfortable.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I've played a few sitting down and it is possible but not at all comfortable. I wouldnt recomened getting one if your planning on sitting with it all the time.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hadent thought of the classical position, guess that would be the easiest. I don't plan on getting one, I just think they look cool, anyway, thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

you would either have to always play with a high strap or like you guys said, put the v between your legs. Thats my favorite way if you catch my drift 8) .

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

ReplyQuote