Clear all

Polyweb vs nanoweb

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

All this talk of strings lately reminds me of something Ive been wondering about.

Has anyone noticed any difference between elixer nanoweb and polyweb strings. I buy both but I have never really paid attention to which one I picked up, and I haven't noticed any difference before, although my current set of strings didn't seem to last as long as usual- of course I don't even know which ones I put on.

Cheers,

Max

(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

nanoweb have a thinner coating and are supposed to squeak less when sliding your fingers up and down the neck.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

Weird...I really like that squeaking sound. That is one of my favorite sounds when I play guitar. Especially on a nylon string, the squeakyness kind of resonates and sounds really round and cool.

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

I may be the only one out there, but I hate'em both. Too slimy for my taste and kinda dull to boot, IMHO.

Trey :P

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

my school has a bunch of cheap Fender and Aria acoustics. they're beat up and on some the bridges are pulling up. but they use elixirs on em, but the thing is, they havent been changed in forever. so they look kinda "hairy" as the coatings wear off and you can run your fingers up them and rub off bits of the coating. and now that the coating's gone, they sound DEAD.

when i start teaching my Friday morning guitar class next week, im totally bringing my own guitar with me...one with nice, fresh, no-more-than-a-month-old strings.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote