Clear all

Technical Question

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have noticed technical questions dont get many answers but help me out. I have trouble using all 4 of my fingers any higher than like fret 15 on fretboard it just very akward and it gets crowded trying to using all 4 finger. Is this alright or will it inhibit my ablilities later on tryna learn some like blazing fast solos in metal in something...i mean i can do zep solos and it doesnt seem to bother me but i dunno if theres something ill come across and be like i really wish i learned to use my pink on the high frets.

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

Generally if you are that high you don't need to use one finger per fret. You can start using one finger distances to jump 2-3 frets that high up on the neck. I haven't learned any super quick super high pitched solos yet, so I'm not sure if this would inhibit you. My intuition would say that you are fine, though.

If you are worried about it practice some scales at increasing tempo (major, chromatic, etc.) Way up there. You will be fine.

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

I'm very fond of using my pinky at all times (!) but much above the octave you're right, it just tends to get in the way. There's only so many fingers you can fit on those little frets!

ReplyQuote