Finally! All my new gear!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
Well I been doing a lotta ebay shopping lately and I've now got all the pedals I've been-a-hankerin' for!
My setup now:
Guitars --> Boss GE-7 Equalizer --> Keeley Modified Boss MT-2 --> Morely Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah --> Digitech Whammy4 --> Boss RC20XL Loop Station --> Vox AD50VT :P :twisted:

Well the Boss EQ pedal is actually mostly used to restore the punch taken out of my signal by the Whammy4, but I still managed to improve tone slighty at the same time, so thats all good. But the Bad Horsie wah seems to have volume waverings when I switch on the MT2...hmmm unless I place the wah before it. I think the gem of the collection has to be the Whammy! I'd recommend everyone to get one these. As for the Keeley mod, those guys did a pretty good job...Though I wish could hear the "Ultra" mode without blowing my speaker lol :? Oh well, I'd still recommend em of course! Oh and thanks to "rocker" for convincing me to get the Bad Horsie, its perfect thanks!

(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Is the Whammy 4 the reissue from Digitech? The one they sell on Musiciansfriend and Music123? Or a later model?

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member

whats the whammy do

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

whats the whammy do

The Digitech Whammy is a pitch shifting+harmonising pedal. With a wah type footpedal you can
1) choose to shift the pitch of you playing 1 or 2 octaves higher or lower
2) Lower the tuning of your guitar (which sounds totally convincing, not artificial like i thought it would sound)
3) And choose to harmonize what your playing by any interval between an octave higher or lower.

And yes it is the one shown on music123.com
It also has a useless 'divebomb' effect...waste of time compared to how perfect all the other settings are.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

just curious.
why is the EQ in front in stead of after the effects?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

simon,

way to go, glad you like the bad horsie 2 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

just curious.
Can't speak for simon, but I like my EQ in front so I can shape the sound going into my effects. Seems to have more control in front rather than behind.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

just curious.
Can't speak for simon, but I like my EQ in front so I can shape the sound going into my effects. Seems to have more control in front rather than behind.

Jason

Im no expert, but surely logic would say it makes no difference.
Say you hav your EQ before the effects improving your sound by +15%. Then the effects degrade your sound by -10%. Your sound is +5% better as a result.
If you have your effects first, -10% degrade. Then +15% improvment from the EQ, you still have a 5% gain overall.
Am I right, or is it not that simple??

...Man getting all set up right is a pain in the a$$! Getting em in the right order with the right settings, making sure the order u got em in is not detrimental to one of the pedals functionality or sound... rearranging, tweaking, rearranging, tweaking again, again :x

ReplyQuote