posting tabs

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am trying to post a tab into the easy song forum. I am pasting from word and I am having a problem with the font mis-aligning. In MS word the tab lines up but not when I paste.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Max

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Hi,

I am trying to post a tab into the easy song forum. I am pasting from word and I am having a problem with the font mis-aligning. In MS word the tab lines up but not when I paste.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried putting them within the "Code tags"

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

MaxRumble

I had this problem many times. The problem is most likely the font you are using. Try Courier New. Just highlight your tab and convert. Look for double dash lines that turn into one long dash. Delete them and type in two short dashes (hope that didn't confuse you).

Then, when you want to post, do this.

1)Hit Code above. Code will appear in the text.

2)Go down a few spaces by hitting Enter.

3)Paste in your tab from Word.

4)Hit Preview, this will automatically place the end Code tag at the end of your tab. Do not worry if it looks correct in Preview. It should appear correctly once you Submit your post.

When writing tabs, consider how much space is available. It is not good to extend lines more than half a page. You must remember the page also needs room for your avatar on the left, so account for that space.

You can continue typing normally after the end Code tag.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Nils,

If you are talking about the alt + c (code). I just tried it and it didn't work.

I tried it on the whole document and on one line of tab. Its quite possible I am doing something wrong though. I basically hit he alt and c keys and had code in brackets on each side of the tab.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Wes, that worked well

I am sure that is what Nils was telling me as well, I just didn't get it.

Thanks guys!

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Max

I just went to the Easy Song Database. The spacing is still messed up on my computer. But I have an old computer with a small monitor. That might be the problem.

I think your lines are too long. So everthing automatically goes to the next line. So when you type the tab in Word, it is not good to go past half-page.

Anyway, thanks for the great song.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

On my screen it turned out ok. I wonder if it has to do with screen resolution settings?

I will, in the future do the half screen tab and if others say the same Ill try to modify it. I usually try to fit a tab on one page, so that when I print it, it is as large as possible but still on one page. That makes it easier for me to read while playing. By the way your tab for folsom prison blues was excellent and inspired me to contribute to the forum.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

We could definitely do with a LOT more Wes tabs on the ESD - I'll settle for the occasional one - Wes, Wes, where the hell are you mate!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Conditions for me have changed in the last year. I do not often have my guitar handy when I am on the computer. The few little tabs I do, I do from memory, and I make lots of mistakes.

But I miss posting tabs and songs. I will try to come up with some soon.

Max

Yeah, I know what you mean about trying to show it all, I tried the same thing. The spacing on many of my early tabs is horrible. I finally learned to write many short lines. Seems to work better.

I am glad you and others like Folsom Prison. Since Johnny passed away his songs are more popular than ever. He is one of my all-time favorties. I am sad at his passing.

Heh, post more Jim Croce. He was a great songwriter too. Too bad he passed away so young, no telling how many great songs he would have written.

ReplyQuote