Clear all

Practice space

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@jimatwell)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everybody - some really good suggestions. I'll try elevating my amp and also getting some soft material or eggcrate for the walls. Looks like I have some experimenting ahead. My wife is out of town in a couple of weeks - sounds like a good opportunity to go nuts with some of this stuff on the sly :twisted:

Dogbite - funny stuff.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Thanks everybody - some really good suggestions. I'll try elevating my amp and also getting some soft material or eggcrate for the walls. Looks like I have some experimenting ahead. My wife is out of town in a couple of weeks - sounds like a good opportunity to go nuts with some of this stuff on the sly :twisted:

Dogbite - funny stuff.
Egg crates by themselves will do nothing of significance. They need to be in a contained space to help reflect the sound. They don't have enough reflective properties by themselves. You'd be better off getting the carpet padding (get the 8 lb stuff, it's not that much more, but works significantly better and doesn't fall apart as easily)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

The room I practice in at home is a fairly small spare bedroom and the acoustics aren't very good (my setup includes a Strat with a Fender Blues Jr. amp). I have noticed that when I move to the living room the sound is much better (but the wife is much unhappier...).
Small room + bad acoustics = not ideal sound conditions
Optimal conditions + unhappy wife = sleeping with guitar (in small room)

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2