Skip to content
Progressing as a so...

Notifications
Clear all

Progressing as a songwriter is become more difficult.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sagaciouskjb2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, my desire isn't necessarily to be a guitar-player. I love to write my own music, but lately, I've found it more and more difficult, because all I have to write other instruments is Guitar Pro. It definitely has its limitations, and one is that I find myself not being able to really play my guitar, and instead find myself writing parts and playing them in guitar pro to see if they sound right.

The things I've written so far sound okay, but there's that certain lack of creativeness that I know would be there if I were actually playing. The only problem I have, is that I've yet to meet anyone in town that shares the same musical interests me, or that I can particularly stand. I'm hesitant to put up a flyer on a bulletin board looking for other musicians, because my skill really isn't that up-to-par where I would quite want to waste other's time trying to write something, but I need to have something where I can have drums and other instruments playing, so I can actually make music instead of write it.

I've been considering getting a drum machine, but I also want something that I could simulate bass. I don't know if finding something electronic is even the answer, but what do you guys think I could do to actually create music with other instruments, instead of trying to write it in GuitarPro?

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Don't worry about posting an ad, even if you really suck compared to him or her( :lol: I'm kidding ) , you probably will be more creative after you get relaxed, and it would be even better if you could be creative with the other person(Lennon-McCartney are a great example, they worked wonders writing together) and I think you'll really soar. But really, don't push yourself into it, let it just flow... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote