Notifications
Clear all

Q&A About Theory

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

[My Question is this. How do i know what solo to put over a current piece of music. He would say I'm playing G D A for example play a solo over that.]

ok man it sounds like ur just starting out with soloing...so...rather then make things compleicated and go in to any advanced theory lets just talk about one easy way to get started:

if he is playing the chords GDA then most likely G will be your "key"

The key is the note of the song that you must no if you want to creat a solo

so now lets talk about peentatonic scales, they are probably the easiest way to get started with a little soloing:

because the key of the chord pattern is in G your pentatonic scale is a G major pentatonic very simple you see?

so there for take usually the first note of the chord pattern and just say it is ur key then take your key not and play a pentatonic scale out of it usually all the notes will work in the pentatonic scale if it is all major chords he is playing.

example: chords D,F,A

key: most likely D

Pentatonic scale to use: D major pentatonic

you can find al the pentatonics on the internet once you know one you pretty much no all the majors because they are the same pattern but higher orr lower on the neck of the guitar

hope this simply explains a bit,

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member

I dont have a teacher, but if i did have one, i would damn sure as hell expect him to teach me that. Why else would i pay 30, 40$ for?? to sit there and feel like an ass?? i can do that by myself by popping in a dvd of joe satriani. I think you need to bring it up to your teacher that you dont understand, or simply get a new one. not all teachers are good for each person.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Maxo127 Awesome dude thanks

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2