Clear all

question about my les paul

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i have a epi les paul and i was wondering if i should change the pickups on it to seymour duncan 51/jb's or trade it in for a LTD Deluxe EC 1000?

would i save money with just changing pickups or is it worth getting the LTD?

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

does anyone not like me here? it seems when i post no one ever replies.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

does anyone not like me here?
Well, maybe I don't! :evil: I guess there's just no one here who's used them.

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

If you have the money I would go for the EC 1000. I've played one before and it was pretty sweet.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

personally i luv u...

i just never have answers to your questions.lol!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 bltc
(@bltc)
Trusted Member

test

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Ska.

Just looked at the EC 1000 I'm not crazy about it. Tone an Volume knobs would be in my way and would get really annoying. I'm not sure if you would agree. the only thing good about it really good is :!: EMG active81's :!: Those are brilliant.

Why don't you keep your Epi and just put those new Pickups in or a set of EMG's maybe a 60/81 or 85/81 combo believe me they will not disappoint.

Just a question for you aswell i'm going through my nirvana faze and was wondering what happened to the bass player Kris. He seems to have vanished :?:

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Just curious- which model Epi LP? I have a std. They have the Gibson chrome pickups. It's my first electric so I don't know much about all the different kinds and what's good and what's not- what do you like about the ones you want to put in? This would just be good to know for future reference. if you do change the pickups, please post again and share your experience woith them.

Thanks much.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

krist is going into politics soon

i heard emg's run on battery, does that mean the battery has to get replaced?

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

anyone know the answer on my emg question?

ReplyQuote
 tack
(@tack)

Yes, most EMG pickups are battery powered. The exception to this is the HZ series, they're passive.

I wanna see it painted black, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun, blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black

ReplyQuote
(@purplefenderstrat)
Trusted Member

does anyone not like me here? it seems when i post no one ever replies.

I love you man.

"im the one who has to die when its time for me to die..so let me live my life, the way i want to.."-Jimi Hendrix-If 6 was 9

Paul Y Howdilly doodily neigborini!!

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Be patient, man. People will reply if they've got an answer. Lots of people aren't online all the time to check here constantly.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok since they are battery powered, would i have to replace the battery ever couple of months or something?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yes, you will have to replace the battery(ies) periodically. How often depends upon how often you play, but if you use a lithium battery, it may last a couple years. Here's a FAQ on EMG pups:

http://www.symian.com/EMGFAQ.html#LongBattery

-Greg
(Dude, I love ya, too!)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2