Clear all

Question about quality

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any opinions about the quality of the Guild series especially the GAD-40C? or do you think that the Seagull S6 is a better guitar. My father is having some trouble getting his Guild set-up, seems the action is very high. It is 1/8 on the low e with .09. He is thinking of bringing it back and buying a Seagull S6 cedar or spruce what is the difference in tone. They seems to be highly recommended. There is almost a saving of $300 . Thanking you in advance

(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I think you'll find that both guild and seagul come highly recommended here genereally speaking so it'll come down to personal preference. Seeing as how he's having trouble with the guild, I would take it back, try out the seagul and if I liked it more wouldn't hesitate to trade it up. Remember that sound is important when choosing a guitar, but so is playability. I myself can't compare the two because I'm not overly experienced with guilds...but I can say, and have many times, that seaguls are great guitars and you won't regret having one.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote