Clear all

rake during solo

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was looking at the comfortably numb solo and at around the 7th measure he does a rake down to the 14th fret and a quick pulloff, i was wondering the best way to play this in terms of where my fingers should be and where i should be going. thanks

(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

the way i did, it is take the Open D shape and slide it so your middle finger ends up being on the 14th fret. then instead of raking it, i accualy play the notes that your fingers make the shape of. kind of like a very short sweep pick. all down strokes.

you can hear my cover of it at http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

not bad, how long you been playing?

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

also, what technique is used on the beginning on the second solo?

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

the begening of the second solo is a basic Bend

and i have been playing for 2 years 7 months

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I dont know if you described it how i was thinking of. How should my fingers be placed right before and right after i do the rake and hit the F# on the 1st string?

ReplyQuote