Notifications
Clear all

Replacing keyboard with guitar?

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

We do "Linus and Lucy" by Vince Guaraldi -- totally piano-driven record: tuning changed from A-flat to drop-D on guitar, left hand part played on 6-string (my wife's crowning achievement on "lead" guitar), right hand part on mandolin. It's killer. NO ONE would mistake it for the original, but it works.

I don't want to put you on the spot Crow, but, Would you be willing to share an MP3 with us?

Pat

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

I don't want to put you on the spot Crow, but, Would you be willing to share an MP3 with us?

A reason to practice -- and to learn how to record on this thing! Thanks for the request Pat -- will try to get it in "Hear here" in the next couple weeks.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

TR, your spot on, we definitely used the keys for guitar parts, so why not give it a go the other way round?

Today, I have been working on an arrangement of " let it be" to see how it might sound on guitar, and that song really seems to easily lend itself to the guitar, which has built my confidence a bit.

My next arrangement will be crocodile rock. I'm not sure this will be as easy, but who knows :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

A reason to practice -- and to learn how to record on this thing! Thanks for the request Pat -- will try to get it in "Hear here" in the next couple weeks.
Look foward to it

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you could ask a local piano teacher if they or a student want to join.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2