Reverand Guitars An...

Notifications
Clear all

Reverand Guitars Any Good?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

No I am not GASing! I just saw these listed on another forum and wondered if anyone heard of them?

Thanks

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

I've played the Slingshot it played like Buttah! a little out of my price range :cry: :cry: I'd love to play a Club King. I've got the hots for a hollow body jazzbox!!!!!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've just seen them on the web, but would love to try them out. No one by me carries them though. Might be just as well. Just another thing to gas over!

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Yes. I've owned a Slingshot for about 4 years. It's a well made, good sounding axe -- very Fender-like in terms of neck and scale, though the pups are Naylor's version of the P90. Mine has a very cool bugeye metallic top, hence the name "Bugeye." I keep it strung with 11's and think it makes an especially fine slide guitar.

Here's a pic with another of my less typical axes ("Fugly"):

(The Slingshot is on the right.)

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Mike,

I was at the Fall Philly Guitar Show this weekend and Reverend had a booth there. The guitars are really nice. They play well and sound good. On top of that they seem like a real value for the price.

They are discontinuing almost all the American made guitars. The new models will be made in Korea. I looked at the Flatroc and build quality looked real good. Also talked with the reps and evidently they took a long time finding a shop that would build to their standards.

Hope that helps.

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Top quality stuff designed by an innovator in a class with Leo, George, and Les. Almost all semihollow bodied. Very lightweight (7-8 lbs) and of famously high quality. Built overseas, but set-up (or at least checked) by the crew in the US. He really knows guitars.
I have one of his amps, the Goblin, and its a superior piece of design and craftmanship.

ReplyQuote