Clear all

reverend guitars

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@soundsgood)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

any body own a reverend guitar?was thinking of testing a couple out,cool looking guitars don't know much about them any horror stories? hope not. i like the tremlo option

gibsonSG standard/gallagher"doc watson" acoustic

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I've had a Reverend Slingshot for four or five years. It's one of the last USA made models, and sports the earlier "Formica" laminate design, bugeye metal top, locking Grovers and P90 pups, and so is different from the newer Reverend guitars. It's always been a good, Fender-like axe -- solid design and very good assembly quality. Reverend has a good rep for their products, value pricing and customer service. I bought some clearance parts (pups, and Bigsby-style trem/bridge) from Reverend recently. Talked for a while to the guy taking the order -- that Reverend crew is always friendly.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@soundsgood)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

their website is good they give prices which surprised me,i like the bolt on neck guitars,hopefully the tremlo is ok we'll see

gibsonSG standard/gallagher"doc watson" acoustic

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

I remember reading a review of the Warhawk in one of the guitar magazines and they said it was pretty great for the money. Give it the little editor's choice thing or whatever. I'd like to try one but nobody around here sells them though.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Except for a small number of stores that carry them (maybe in CA?), Reverend sells direct -- just like Carvin. That why the prices appear on line. For new stock, Revenend used to have a no-risk return policy --I'm sure they probably still do. I bought mine as a no-return demo for about $600 and change. It was in perfect condition, plus they performed a circuit modification I requested for a small fee.

As I mentioned above, the new line is much different from the old, which went through changes over the years. This is actually kind of cool, as only a limited number of each model get produced. Everybody can get a Highway 1 Strat, but if one buys a Reverend, there's a good chance there will not be a million guys playing the same axe.

Me and my Slingshot:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote