Notifications
Clear all

Rhythm and Bowling

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Hey, I was just thinking about this. Would having a grandfather clock make you a better keeper of time? Before you laugh, think about it, you'll hear the 'tick-tock' all day long and it'll probably just seep in your mind. you can't change the pace, like a metronome but still.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I was just thinking about this. Would having a grandfather clock make you a better keeper of time? Before you laugh, think about it, you'll hear the 'tick-tock' all day long and it'll probably just seep in your mind. you can't change the pace, like a metronome but still.

I actually thought about that when I was typing up my last couple of posts. I was mentally making a list of easy things that are easy to find the tempo of.

A grandfathers clock (60 bpm :lol:, ) water dripping, A heart beat...etc.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I think it eventually will give you a better idea of what time it is without looking at your watch.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever noticed the Ask Jeeves ad (it's to the right of our posts alot of times) where he's snapping his finger to the beat.

The tempo is 60 bpm. Why do I care? Just been aware of my surroundings...

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

hmm, try playing cricket,,,,and fast bowling is the highest of art forms,,,,run in, left foot down on the crease, pivot sideways, follow through....sounds simple doesn't it? But you have to keep your arm straight, cockyour wrist and release at the same time as you deliver the ball...

The strain on your left knee is incredible, more cricketers retire through knee injuries than any other cause....

Baseball pitchers have it easy in comparison....they may be a bit faster, but they throw the ball with a bent arm....and they don't have to be on the field for 5 consecutive days, fielding as well as bowling and battting....

So don't ever tell me Baseall is harder to play than cricket....!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

hmm, try playing cricket,,,,and fast bowling is the highest of art forms,,,,run in, left foot down on the crease, pivot sideways, follow through....sounds simple doesn't it? But you have to keep your arm straight, cockyour wrist and release at the same time as you deliver the ball...
Vic
Plus they gotta deal with that darn sticky wicket :lol: not to mention that ugly guy with the flat bat.

My favorite part of cricket is when they bring the food and beverage cart out on the field. My kinda sport, stop to eat and drink regularly.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Here's yet another thought...

My heartbeat is 80 BPM, basically the norm unless your old and dying. :lol: Just count the number of times your heart beats in 15 seconds and times it by 4. So if you believe, subconsciencely, that you can listen to a grandfathers clock and it helps you with tempo. Then shouldn't we all be very good at playing at 80bpm since our heart beats at that rate 24/7?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have teenage daughters, I can keep beat by how often the phone rings.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic
Plus they gotta deal with that darn sticky wicket :lol: not to mention that ugly guy with the flat bat.
plus, you know, you'd be british, and that's gotta suck. :wink:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2