Clear all

Rocky Racoon chord

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

In the Progression for Rocky Racoon I've got Am7 for a measure, D7sus4 for a 1/2 measure resolving to D7 for 1/2 a measure, G7 for a measure, C for 1/2 measure to C/B for 1/2 measure. the only C/B chord I can find is x22010 but it doesn't sound right. After fudging around I came up with x2x013 it sounds right but what the %$%$#! chord is that?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

C5/B

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

How'd you figure that out Izzy?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Magic.

And I just put it into powertab because I am a lazy bum. Powertab tells you chords by putting in the fingering or it can tell you the fingering(s) for many voicings of that chord. I love it when im trying to make something structured that needs a specific chord but I want something a little different than the barre form or the open chord.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Art

Have you tried x20030 ?

Regards

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Art

Have you tried x20030 ?

Regards

Matt

That sounds good too! Is it also a C/B?

ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Art

Its a chord that is often used in fingerpicking when a C/b is required - I have seen it in a lot of Simon and Garfunkel songs, and as far as I am aware (I am sure someone on here will correct me if i am wrong!) it is a genuine C/b.

Cheers

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@badlands53)
Trusted Member

The notes in that chord are B, D, G, D, E.

It's actually Cmaj9 with no root, but G6 is probably a better name.

Well, if you can't make it, stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can, and meet me in a dream of this hard land.

ReplyQuote
(@redman)

art&lutherie,

Don't worry about making it to complex. The C/B is just a passing chord that is esentially walking the bass down from a C to an A.

Try this and it should sound just fine.

C...x32010 for 1/2 measure to x20010 for 1/2 measure which gets you back to Am7.

Redman

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

x2x013 = B-G-C-G. C is made up with C-E-G. So C5/B would be a good call.

x20030 = B-D-G-D-E as Badlands pointed out. I'd want to call it a G6 because the C is totally missing from the chord.

In the song, I always play that C/B like:

1---0
2---1---index
3---0
4---2---ring
5---2---middle
6---x

It's kinda weird to play a regular C then switch the middle finger up to the 5th string 2nd fret and the ring finger to the 4th string 2nd fret. I don't think that chord sounds too bad but that's just me.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote