man.....funny thread....

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

haha.

My mind was in the same place.

Mikespe, if you assign less work, you won't have to grade as much ;) !!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I don't assign any work except for tests. But we are required to do fitness testing twice a year plus our regular grading. Keep in mind I teach phys ed so when I grade or test I have about 300 students I am responsible for. Classroom teachers assign more work but only have 20 students.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

. Classroom teachers assign more work but only have 20 students.
Per class, multiply 20 to 30 students (depending on size of school) by 5 to 7 classes per school day.
All teachers, yourself included, work very hard and are mostly under appreciated for what they do.
Note; the above numbers are reflective of High School and most middle schools.
At the elementary level teachers have the same kids all day but have to deal with multiple subjects.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

. Classroom teachers assign more work but only have 20 students.
Per class, multiply 20 to 30 students (depending on size of school) by 5 to 7 classes per school day.
All teachers, yourself included, work very hard and are mostly under appreciated for what they do.
Note; the above numbers are reflective of High School and most middle schools.
At the elementary level teachers have the same kids all day but have to deal with multiple subjects.

OH Believe me I KNOW all teachers work hard...Our classroom teachers are the BEST I have seen in the 5 years I have been teaching. But I do work at the elementary level and the classroom teachers have the same students all day. Plus believe me when I say if I have a lot of paperwork they have 100 time that amount. What I meant was when they grade an assignment they grade MAX 24 students. If I give an assignment I grade 300. Granted I give far less assignments then the classroom teachers but I am NOT going to grade 300 papers if I don't have to. Our fitness testing alone takes up a good part of our "extra" time (ie. planning time).

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

My wife and I have two children and her schooling still doesn't effect my guitar work. :D

End result, do what you have to do now, that way you free up your time down the road for more important stuff, like guitar! :roll:

8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

I'm an unlucky psychology student

Psychology major, eh? So, in other words, you still have no idea what you want to do for a living.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I didn't get home from work last night until 7:30 and I only practiced 20 minutes because I was so exhausted. I actually brought my guitar to work since I have this morning free until 8:30am. Might as well use the time productively :P :P :P

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'm an unlucky psychology student

Psychology major, eh? So, in other words, you still have no idea what you want to do for a living.

Haha, that's actually somewhat true. But let's face it, the study has some great advantages:

-Little time investment required
-90% of students is female
-Not many books, so not too expensive
-Huge ammount of stduents, so nobody knows if you were there or not.
-Three tests for each subject each year, you have to do one properly to pass. Ifg you fail them all, you can do that subject again the year after. Easy does it.

Best of all, the more scientific aspects of it are very interesting and the work that can be done with it is nothing but positive. So I can live with my choices... 8)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i m in college too.1st yr.I have to go to Delhi everyday taking almost 3 hrs of my life in travelling everyday.Then study after coming back and wasting time on internet too.This makes it damn hectic and i couldn't even imagine playing guitar when i was in school.(my damn physics , chemistry and maths teacher and damn principal).

And after seeing all the videos done by lil brother and the instructional video by B B KING , i still feel i have a LONG LONG LONG way to go :oops:

Anyways guitar is the asylum to all worries (and the tension caused by travelling in local bus EVERYDAY :twisted: :evil: )

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

I know, taking these criminal justice classes are killing me. Starting this morning I got up at 4:30 am to practice then go to the gym. I'm posting this in my class so I don't fall asleep. On guitarnoise while in class :lol: .

blackzerogsh if you need help in class I'm sociology minor.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

now that school is going again....i find that i dont get to play enough.....its just not fair.

Stay in school...go to college...become a music teacher. That way, you can play while you work. That's what I did. My music students are a captive audience. :twisted: :wink:

Dennis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2